Palacio Estoril Hotel, Golf and Spa
US$246
US$240
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Saboia Estoril Hotel(Estoril)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$53
US$178
US$159
1,017 results
All reviewsfour seasonsthe banyan treeroyal familieselegant hoteljames bondmolton brown toiletriessecret servicefive star hotelold world charmold schooldoor manold stylelarge poolbeautiful roomsuperior roomturn down servicepool area
Reviewed 6 October 2013

the hotel is a nice hotel but nothing extraordinary really in comparison to other 5 star hotels. i was staying there at a preferential rate because i was there for work as part of a conference but if i would have stayed at the full rate of 475euro per night on holidays i would have been much more vocal about my dislikes and probably very disappointed.

my room was facing the street and they had work on the road with some noise all day starting from early morning, breakfast was average, you had pretty much everything but everything of average quality. the outdoor pool was very nice and the staff also super nice and helpful. the service to the pool lounge very slow, one day the menu but gave up on ordering when realising how it would have taken to get a sandwich...another day they forgot to clean my room and when they did they never hoovered it, considering that they had carpet all over and that it's a 5 star hotel i would have expected a different attention to these type of details. outside my window there was also a lot of birds poo...
the indoor dynamic pool is also nice but went twice - once it worked, the next time the guy could not get it to work so i end up swimming instead of relaxing in the jacuzzi. i have also asked if i could have taken a fitness class at the gym and they asked for a 20 euro fees for 50 mins spinning class...overall nice but nothing to rave about. if you go on holidays youcan surely find better quality at a better deal!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank lexithekitten
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We got off the cruise and from the first moment we stepped into this hotel we were impressed.
Yes: all the adjectives have been used and how can I heap more praise on this extraordinary establishment? This is a truly 5-star hotel with incredible staff from every department: from the gentleman Jose who had been the doorman since 1951, to the chambermaids who did a superb job everyday, to all the dining venue attendants: they never missed a beat and attended to every detail. This type of professionalism is hard to find this day and age. We took meals in the grand breakfast room, lunch in the Terrace Café, dinner in the Four Seasons Grill: all wonderful experiences. The Golf Sales department also deserves a "thankyou" :it rained for two solid days when we could not golf on our golfpackage, and they made special arrangements for us to have complementary dinners which we really appreciated. We look forward to returning to this very special hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We arrived from the airport and were told our room was not ready which I had expected. We were asked to wait but were told "We have a wonderful room for you". When we returned we were shown the room which was 126. I said I had booked a Deluxe Superior room and I did not think this was in that category. After some discussion and phone calls we were shown another room 328 which was bigger and told there was nothing else available. I later on went on to the website and on reading the descriptions would suggest 126 was a Classic room and 328 was a Superior room. Neither was a Deluxe Superior which is what I booked with my agent. I complained to my agent and when I paid my bill they had agreed to reduce my bill by 30 euros a night. Would they have done this if I had not complained?

I look at it this way:

If I went into a BMW showroom and ordered and paid for a BMW 7 Series and they delivered a BMW3 Series I would say I had not been given fair value.

The Hotel public rooms are stunning and the pool area very attractive. The staff worked hard and worked well and I am sure had I got the level of room I had expected I might have written a different report.

This report is here as a warning to others.

Room Tip: If you book a Superior room 328 has a balcony which I would recommend
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank Rannoch2
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed at the Palacio Estoril Hotel for nine days in September. This really is a five star hotel. It is a beautiful building, maintained to a very high standard. The staff are well-trained, extremely professional and courteous. The hotel has a lovely pool, which is in superb condition.

The hotel sits in beautiful grounds in the centre of Estoril. There is little to do in Estoril and the choice of restaurants is poor. However, the train station is only a 7/8 minute stroll from the hotel, and regular trains run from there to Cascais, which is a beautiful place with an extensive choice of restaurants. In the other direction, the train runs to Lisbon.

We had a superior room which was fairly large and well-appointed. Unfortunately, the television, was old and offered a limited choice of channels.

Breakfast was very good, I did not dine in the hotel and bar prices were on the high side..

The only negative feature of our stay was a wedding which was held in the hotel on the Saturday. No problem at all until just after one o'clock on Sunday morning, when we were wakened by deafening music. This continued until four o'clock. I did not anticipate that in a hotel of this class.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms have the best views - but if there is a wedding on during your stay, opt for the other side of the hotel for a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

There is not a lot more that I can say about the Palacio that hasnt already been said . The hotel and its staff are indeed splendid , the breakfast selection is everything that you could want and then a little bit more. Things like afternoon chocolates as the maids turn your bed down are qalmost forgotten habits nowadays and if you are fond of attention to detail and love being saluted by doormen as they advise you to mind the step then this will be your type of hotel.
That said , these things usually come at a cost and in my opinion the restaurant meals , although excellent, could be better priced . All in all this is a fantastic place to stay and not really any more expensive than most of the others around this area on a B&B basis ,so I actually thought that overall it was good value for money

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple