“A very nice surprise”

Hotel Anjo de Portugal
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fatima
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and we enjoyed it! The staff is efficient and welcoming, the rooms are comfortable and very clean. The hotel is perfectly situated to visit several interesting places in Portugal. And last but not least they have a very good cook. We do recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank queenPessac

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am so satisfied with this hotel because the price/quality ratio is really unbelievable. We were three people and we paid less than 90 euro (for the whole room, less than 30 euro each) with breakfast included. I could not believe that for this price the hotel could be so nice, well equipped, nice furniture, large rooms, bathroom adequate and clean. Everything was clean and new and the personnel was really kind. Breakfast is rich with home made marmalades. The hotel is conveniently located only 200 metres from the Fatima sanctuary. I could not imagine to have this quality and this service for this low price. I highly reccomend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and loved it. The rooms are lovely and immaculately clean. The staff is friendly and knowledgable. And as a bonus parking is easy and free! They also have an excellent restaurant.

Room Tip: First floor rooms tend to be a little noisy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Flo J
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I can definitely see why this hotel is rated so highly on TA. It's got a great location in a residential area within an easy 5 to 10 minute walk of the Sanctuary. I stayed here for three nights in May, 2014. I was traveling by myself and took the bus from Lisboa to Fatima. I preferred to use the bus because the bus station is a 10 minute walk to the hotel; whereas, the train station is about 6 miles away and would've required a taxi. Once at the bus stop, I used the Booking.com reservation, which showed the hotel's address, and Google Maps to create a walking map to find the hotel.

The service throughout the hotel, at the desk during check-in, checkout and for any questions, the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the room attendants was excellent and timely. The people at the desk spoke good English. Those in the restaurants and the room attendants did not speak English very well. Breakfast, not included in the rate, was very good. Juice, coffee, tea, scrambled eggs, ham, toast, pastries, fruit was enough to last through the day. I had dinner in the restaurant one evening and it was very good. The fried cod, with potatoes and vegetables had a very good taste. I had white wine that was very good. The communication with the server was a little bit of a challenge because of his limited English; however, in the end everything worked out fine.

My hotel room was very functional and had everything that I needed. Bathroom had good water pressure and temperature. Wifi was good in the room. The hotel's proximity to the Sanctuary made this the ideal place to stay.

When in Fatima again, I will definitely stay at the Hotel Anjo de Portugal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank mytravelop
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed with my family in this hotel and absolutely loved it!!! Very friendly staff, great location ( really close to the sanctuary ), great food and nice, clean rooms with comfortable beds! loved it!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MariSalaz
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed in this hotel from 5-7July.
The interior of the hotel was impressive, probably built recently. The location is good, near to the Sanctuary.
Buffet breakfast was good, wide selection of food. Food served in the restaurant was good, the best in the area.
The front desk staff was helpful and knowledgeable. As such, we toured over the area with ease. The hotel was kind to allow late checkout.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SilvesterChua
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is very clean. The room was comfortable, good size, small flat screen TV & fridge. The hotel staff was great, very courteous and attentive. Their restaurant/ breakfast room was spacious, high ceilings, eye catching decorative pieces (the bar is located there as well). The food tasted great. It is barely a 5 minute walk from the Basilica and local restaurants. It is within walking distance from the bus station. My husband and I took a taxi from the station when we arrived but when we realized how close it was, we decided to walk back to the station the day we left, saved us about 3 euros. Our room was located on the 3rd floor in the corner and did not receive good wifi signal. That is about the only thing we found to be less than desirable. But it is an extremely affordable hotel with high quality amenities. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family