Review Highlights
Lovely way to see Lisbon!

Myself and my boyfriend did an evening food tour with Catarina last week and absolutely loved it... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
Explore528840
Dublin, Ireland
via mobile
Great tour!!

Had a fantastic morning food tour with Eduardo!! Best food tour we’ve had so far on the trip. The... read more

Reviewed 1 July 2018
Deanna Z
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2017

A interesting and fun tour with a great guide (Christian) to get to several spots in Lissabon outside of the Main touristic pathways, get a tasty glimpse of Portugese cuisine and through the 4 Hours walk , that feels too short actually, learn a lot of interesting facts about Portugese history, Culture and lifestyle. Can just be recommended.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank thorstenk104
Reviewed 20 April 2017

It was a slightly impulsive decision to go on the tour and we booked it just one day in advance. But it worked out! we got a response very soon and eveyrthing was confirmed. Katharina was waiting for us at 6 pm at the given point and we set out from there. She took us to some small, local eateries, which, as tourists we would have most certainly passed and never given a second a look to (or not known about their existence!). Katharina is indeed knowledgeable about the history or Portugal and Lisbon and had a lot to tell on that fromt too. The food was great and so was the company. Fish, cheese, meat, wine (a lot of it!) and dessert... It was an evening well spent!
Thank you Katharina!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank prajaktakuber
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Our guide, Sandra, was fantastic. A delightful evening walking tour of restaurants around Lisbon. Started with some Mescal at a park overlooking the Douro, then a custard treat at a little bakery. Then on to a restaurant with a cheese plate. Next to a tea shop, then three separate restaurants with a variety of seafood and chorizo. All in interesting old neighborhoods - Highly recommended.

Date of experience: March 2017
portugalonaplate, Manager at Portugal on a Plate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Ian,
So happy you enjoyed the tour.
Just to remind you that you would have looked over the 'Tejo' river at the start of the tour.
We are glad you had a great time.
From "Portugalonaplate" best wishes.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Professionally lead with fantastic food and company, a sophisticated way to learn about and enjoy a new city

Date of experience: April 2017
portugalonaplate, Owner at Portugal on a Plate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you Catherine!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

What started out as a food tour, ended up going out to dinner with friends!. I am not sure I can say enough wonderful things about this tour. There are a lot of tours available in Lisbon, but I selected this by their website and the continuous food updates about Lisbon.

We met Christian on Friday night (St. Patty's Day) and he brought along his friend Ana, who was in training. It was only the 4 us, so it was very personal, very warm and friendly.

This tour gives you history and several types of food and drinks to sample. I think there was 7 different places we went to!
The history of Portugal was connected to every dish we sampled. (my only regret was that I could not eat everything). We had coffee and Pastel do Nata, we had Port and a cheese plate, we had an Indian sample, we ate at typical local Taberna followed by amazing dinner at a local Portugese restaurant.

Ok..if I had one more regret....I wanted to go back to every place over the next few days and eat it all again!

As an American, coming to Portugal for the first time, this tour was needed and it helped us understand what types of restaurants are available and actually gave me courage to try some of the smaller places I normally wouldn't go to.

We did the tour on our first full night there and I recommend you book this as quickly as you can when you land.

After the tour was over, we all continued talking and having fun!

This has been the highlight of our trip. Thank you Portugal on a Plate!

Date of experience: March 2017
3  Thank Jackie T
portugalonaplate, Owner at Portugal on a Plate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed our tour so much. It was a pleasure to show you round Lisbon through food and we hope you return many times!