“Best Lamb curry i've ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$37 - US$221
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, UK
“Best Lamb curry i've ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

I have to say i know good indian food and this was the best i've ever eaten. we wanted a take away to eat in our hotel suite and one curry was a little pricy but worth every penny. and big enough for two people!

The dish had loads of vegetables tasted pretty garlicy that must be the italian influence, but the rest was pure indian cuisine and everything including the garlic naan was exquisite. so good in fact we went back a couple of days later. i just with they had a restaurant in london

Bloomington, IN
“Fabulous concept, excellent service, but the food didn't entirely live up to expectations.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

After reading about this restaurant on Tripadvisor, and discovering that it's only two blocks from our restaurant, we decided to try this unique fusion concept. The restaurant looks beautiful: Modern, trendy, a fun collage of movie photos against the wall where we sat. (I had the joy of sitting next to a Marlon Brando photo) The music is nice pop music (I recall Michael Buble, ABBA) and the service is excellent: quick, friendly, perfectly executed.

The food was kind of a toss up. We shared samosas and fritto misto. The samosas were good but unremarkable; the fried shrimp (ENORMOUS!) and fried vegetables were okay. The batter was a little loose and at the bottom soggy. Attractive presentation though. Oh, and my Cosmopolitan cocktail was not the standard recipe, but a great reinvention of the drink, with orange peel.

My Spaghettini Masala was fabulous. The sauce was just the right amount: well coated but not lying in a puddle of sauce. Pasta was Al Dente and the vegetables were very good too. I was very pleased. One of the other diners had Spaghettini in some kind of cream sauce, with vegetables, and she loved her dish too. Looked beautiful! The portions are not huge, but certainly sufficient, especially with an appetizer, since those ARE huge. The third diner in my party had marinated lamb risotto. He thought it was alright, but I was less impressed when I tasted it. It tasted exactly like beef barley soup when the water's boiled out of it. Rather bland. Since the third diner loves beef barley soup (especially with lamb, the way I also make it), he was satisfied.

We didn't go for dessert, they didn't look that interesting, except for the fact that 3 out of 5 involved Jello for some reason, but I've heard before that Jello is big in Portugal, so that's probably nothing unusual.

Overall, I would go back to the restaurant, maybe order different appetizers, like the shrimp, and i would not order the Risotto. Definitely try the cocktails. Love the concept too!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brightviolet
Devon, UK
“Italian - Indian Fusion!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2010

We read the account by the previous reviewer but didn't believe it so we had to go and see with our own eyes. Luca is now 'Real Indiana'! It has kept the appearance of an upmarket Italian restaurant but with a mixture of Italian Indian fusion or Indian dishes. My husband couldn't cope with the fusion idea so had the Tandoori mixed grill - very good indeed. I wanted to be more daring but couldn't quite go for curry on spagettini so I had a spiced lamb, asparagus and pumpkin risotto - also very good ( although I'd forgotten I never really enjoy risotto - every mouthful the same) Then for pudding we had a beautiful Italian hazelnut chocolate cake baked while we waited - fabulous.
The waiters were very attentive, the atmosphere relaxing - it was a good evening. Main courses were around 13 - 16 Euros.

1 Thank Jo50
Israel
“Italian and Indian Fusion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

The restaurant that used to be LUCA is now called "Real Indiana Fusion", with a lengthy menu offering Italian and Indian dishes. The place is very casual and reasonably priced. The food (both Italian and Indian) that we tasted was made with fresh ingredients and nicely prepared. It's a reasonable place to eat, but not memorable except for the confusing fusion concept.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pickytrvler
Ponta Delgada, Portugal
“Great Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

In a hidden street, but what a restaurant.
The food was superb, ans can still smell the aromas and taste the pasta.
Great service.
I Advise to book first on dinners or weekends.

1 Thank Nuno P