“Excellent place for few days:)”

Lisbon Old Town Hostel
Ranked #4 of 494 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I think I had amazing time in this place.
I felt very comfortable and welcome there and I could ask lot's of useful questions. People working there are creating very nice,home atmosphere and I could feel that.

I will have amazing memories:)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dominika Joanna... W

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Tks a lot for all staff of old town hostel for the hospitallity! its a nice place, clean, safe and well-located, with good prices!

Now in Portuguese!
Ei gajos! valeu muito pela hospitalidade! gostei muito de ficar alguns dias com vcs! Um fraterno abraço e saludos do Brasil!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I spent only 2 days in the hostel but I was surely satisfied with everything. Staff is friendly, I met also the owner, a warm and gentle person. Clean and well mainteined. Good location, very close to the 'old neighbourhood' for nightlife. Nice building and interiors. Recommended

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Realy nice place in the hearth of night life in Lisboa :) perfect and helpful people in reception! Realy good price ! Colorfull rooms and big kitchens in every floor. I love that place I spend there 3 good nights and I know that I will come back there again!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This was my first ever experience in a hostel, and one that is yet to be beaten. Super nice staff, great facilities, awesome location. The value for money was fantastic as well - Can't recommend enough!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed in the Old Town Hostel for a couple of days during the week in January. Even though I arrived at 8 am to drop of my bag the receptionist (nice girl - sorry forgot the name) checked me in, stored my bag and offered me breakfast. I also got an upgrade from a 10 to an 8 bed dorm - pretty cool.
The location is close to two metro stops but from one you have to walk up 2 steep hills. If you like the nightlife you're at the right place. Only 5 mins walking to all the bars and clubs.
The rooms are huge (other hostels would have fit in 12-14 beds and not just 8) and very clean.
The breakfast is a feast - remember you're staying in a hostel. Good bread rolls, yam, cereal. It sounds basic but it tast delicious and is available til way after noon.

The only thing I didn't like so much was when I asked if I could change the bed in order not to sleep next to the door the receptionist told me nope because it was booked. In 2 out of the 3 nights no one slept in there. Shouldn't have been such a big deal.
Also there is no lock on the toilet and the shower curtains could be a bit bigger. If someone leaves the door open everyone on the groundfloor can see you butt naked.

Overall, next time I'm in Lisbon again, I gonna definitely stay there again!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Very nice accommodation and excellent service.

Lisbon Old Town Hostel is the best choice for who are looking for a cozy, typical, friendly, quiet and cheap accommodation in Lisbon. And João and his father, José, are very nice and friendly guys.

Is located right in the center, next Bairro Alto and all the Lisbon nigth life and restaurants.

Recommended!!!