“Good value for money”

Ranked #149 of 240 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Augsburg, Germany
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This was really good for me. The owner is friendly, even if the hostel is his own house. I had a quite big room with double bed and window for 21€.

Bathroom is shared, but there was not many people, so no problems in the shower. The location is very close to the metro, and the area is safe, no worries on that point.

Many cheap restaurants around. For me it was a very good value for money, I would stay again if prices don't go up.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I thought it was really good value for money, the owners daughter was really friendly and spoke English very well too. The room was simple, it was a twin room with two bedside tables, a rail for clothes and also a sink, mirror and bidet in the corner. There were big shutters on the window which ensured no light came in in the mornings! I was apprehensive to share a bathroom and kitchen but it was absolutely fine. I'm not sure if we were there at a particularly quiet time but the bathrooms were never in use when I went to use them. The showers were always hot and the bathrooms were very clean - as was the kitchen. However the kitchen was quite small and though the situation never occured I think it would have been awkward for more than two of us cooking at a time. As such it wasn't a particularly social hostel, but there was a really lovely square five minutes walk away at Martim Moniz which we found to be a great place to hang out. In the square there were quite a few food huts with great food and they also sold brilliant cocktails aswell!! In the square there were plenty of tables and chairs to sit and eat as well as sun loungers around a fountain, unfortunately we didn't go on a weekend but apparently it is really lively on a Saturday. The hostel is around the corner from the metro station Interdente, 5 mins walk away from a minimarket and 10-20 minutes walk away from good shopping, fantastic bakeries and the sea front too. We didn't experience any loud noise as described in some other reviews, all in all it was fairly pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Cantu, Italy
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The hotel is close to the city centre.
The owners are kind and discrete.
The streets are VERY noisy expecially during the night.
There is a kitchen in common with other guests, but it is used even at night so very annoying if you are trying to sleep.
The bathroom is in common but the owner keep it always clean.
No elevator and rooms on the 3rd floor.
I think it is the best compromise between proximity to city centre and cheapness

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Lisbon hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2011

At first glance the room seemed ok, it was bright and spacious, little did we realise that it was in a very noisy area and we would not get a wink of seep for the two nights we were there.
The man in reception did not speek much English but gestured for me to follow him so he could show me around, this guided tour consisted of a drity bathroom and a trip to the kitchen downstairs which was accessed by a metal spiral staricase that wobbled around as I stood on it.
The room had a bidet and sink in it which to our horror started spewing out excrement from the blocked toilet along the corridor!! The woman who worked there decided to solve the problem by putting a pulg in the bidet which only shot off as more excrement came out.
I would not reccomend this accommodation to my worst enemy!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Noangelsuze
SE Portland
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This place is truly ok. It is not fancy. It is not expensive. It is safe, sunny, and spotlessly clean. The hosts are very nice and accomadating, but sometimes a little disorganized. In my case they tried to make up for losing my reservation at LOW COST ROOMS which they also manage by placing me in a double room with my own bath at Perola dos Anjos. Nice, but in the summer one probably needs to sleep with the windows and shutters open to keep cool, and the garbage men come every night at 12:30 and they are sooooo loud. One night I stayed up until they had completed their work and it was the only good night sleep I had during my stay. ( LOW COST ROOMS is quiet, really quiet by the way.) The owners are practical and generous. The sheets are cotton and line dried in the sunshine. Bed spreads, too. The kitchen is fine. If you are serious about preparing your meals bring a good knife, but everything else is in the kitchen that you will need. The kitchen is kept clean.

Maria, Adriana and Patrícia are managing now. I think those really bad reviews are from the management before. There is internet service and they are helpful with advice about things in general. Fluent english is spoken at the desk. I wish them well and wish the garbage guys could pipe down.

On this advisary it is often commented that there are drugs and prostitution in this neighborhood. Maybe so, but I saw none of it. Perfectly fine area. Not fancy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Billymoon
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The receptionist (Azad) was harassing me every time I had a visitor (twice). He claimed I wasn't allowed any visitors (no one was staying overnight!). He wouldn't allow me to check out early, saying I had made a booking and had to pay for the entire stay. He lied about the credit card machine, claimed it was out of service and wanted me to pay cash. After I refused, the machine quickly started working. My bed was made only once for 3 nights and my towels were not changed at all. The area seems infested with prostitutes and druggies day and night. Do not walk, especially at night. Overall -- HORRIBLE SERVICE, THIS IS NOT A HOTEL, NOT EVEN A HOSTEL BY ANY STANDARD. AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank avvesome
Romania
Reviewed 21 November 2009

the guesthouse is perfect for its price. just a little bit off the centre, but i like walking and it is in an authentic neighborhood. the owner is very friendly and helpful. we felt safe the whole time we were there...and we arrived at 1 o`clock at night! the room had tv but not many other facilities, it is good for whoever want to explore the town and spend the time in the room sleeping. all in all, a pleasent experience and we will be going there again next week. (i fell in love with lisbon)

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple