“Memorable stay”

Ranked #16 of 417 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Brussels, Belgium
“Memorable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a great hostel in a great location. The staff was extremely friendly, the garden was fabulous, breakfast on the terrace in the morning was awesome and all the facilities in the building were exquisite as well. This hostel really added to my Lisboa experience...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Molloy2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My amazing experience in Lisbon can be attributed to my wonderful time at this hostel. The staff was so personable and willing to answer any questions that we had regarding day trips, getting around and group hostel activities. They really took the time to make sure we settled in, even for the four days we stayed. Besides the staff the view from the patio was amazing, breakfast was spectacular (crepes!) and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I cannot recommend this hostel enough; it definitely stole my heart.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Amazing atmosphere, location and staff! I felt really welcome and the daily activities and many Fado loctions nearby made it very easy to meet people. I cant wait to stay there again soon! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This will be the furst review I hope I'm writing even before I 've stayed at a place! I made a booking with them via Booking.com for 22-24Aug'14. Booking.com clearly said in the booking confirmation that NO PREPAYMENT whatsoever is required for any of the hostel bookings. The Alfama hostel guys mailed me asking Credit card no., Expiry date AND the Security code (or aknown as CVV no.) It definitely struck me as unusual as none of the ther hotels / hostels I've ever booked (on this trip alone I've booked 6 hostels all via Booking.com) have not asked for my card details.
Within an hour of me sharing the card no. & expiry date, I get two alerts on my mobile phone saying two invalid transactions have been attempted on my card but declined due to incorrect CVV!
The Alfama guys claim claim it's a 'Misunderstanding' & they were only trying to 'VALIDATE MY CARD'!!! with nothing really being charged!!... that's what they mailed me saying!!!.. My question is (1) The transaction / attempt to validate my card without my knowledge is in itself considered to be a FRAUD! I checked this with my credit card co. - Citibank (2) The practise always is that on arrival the staff will ask for the credit card & then block certain amount as security... Am also attaching the screenshots as validity of all that I've written here...people BEWARE of this place!!! BOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Debarati_Bose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Originally I was supposed to stay at the sister hostel, Sunset Destination Hostel (also wonderful), but due to a booking mistake, I ended up finding an extra room here! And I am so happy that I was able to stay here for a few nights. The staff, as I expected, was wonderful, friendly, funny, and helpful. One of my favorite parts of the hostel is the intimacy of it - it is so easy to talk to other people and make friends through just sitting out on the patio or in the main common room. The beds are great and the hostel is very clean!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

It was just top! A big thank to the Alfama Patio team: welcoming, smiling, everything clean, beautiful and quiet patio, super well loclised in the city center, like a family house ... I was like at home :-)
I already miss this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was my first stay ever at a hostel in my life but it was worth it! A very nice hostel, lovely and great staff ! I had a shared bathroom, which was very clean The breakfast was really good and I´ve taken a seat at their wonderful terrace with a fantastic view to the Tejo river every morning! The little garden was beautiful and they also offer every night dinner for less money but with a great value! Special thanks to Carlos in my special case! He helped me so much in this strange situation I´ve had!! I would always recommed this cool place for every age!!

Constanze from Berlin