“Amazing hotel with a great staff”

Eurostars Das Letras Hotel
Ranked #68 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
São Paulo
“Amazing hotel with a great staff”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Loved this hotel! It is very confortable, well decorated, clean... It is gorgeous!
Location is good, thinking about all uphill and downhill in Lisbon... You can go walking (uphill and downhill, of course) to Bairro Alto and there is a metro station really close to the hotel.
Staff is really great... They make all to make you feel welcome! Staff are really friendy, attentive and always with a big smile. They helped us a lot!
We came from other city, where we stayed at a hotel with a terrible bed. It was pleasant arrive at our room and find a pillow menu!
I will definetely recommend this hotel to all my friends going to Lisbon.
And when I back to Lisbon I will stay there again. It was a perfect choice!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VanessaVM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kildare
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Mly husband booked this lovely hotel for our one night stay in Lisbon. The hotel was really wonderful and we had a balcony with a sea view from the 6th floor. Staff were friendly and helpful. We however found that when looking for directions to the hotel, locals bars did not know where it was, but when we found it, we were only 5 minutes away from the metro stop. ( So overall it was very convenient) We walked down to the main street and onto the sea front. Due to the location of the hotel being up a hill, it would not be recommended to elderly people. The breakfast was a bit of a let down - staff very friendly but all over the place and the layout was not great for large numbers of guests. We waited 20 minutes to have coffee served to us and had to ask at least 5 times. On the PLUS SIDE we had champagne and fruit in our room after we arrived which was included in our package. Maybe Sunday morning in the restaurant was a once off !

Room Tip: Spa was advertised with sauna but was not working when we went to use it.
Sonehouse
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I probably shouldn't give this hotel 5 stars as the location is up a bit of a hill. However...........it really does exceptionally well on all the other headings. So if you are prepared to climb a small hill you can be pretty near the centre in a very comfortable room with a good breakfast, attended too by pleasant and helpful staff for a very reasonable rate. Thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed here two nights and loved the location just a little remote from the city's attractions on a quiet street. Walking downhill, one could get to the bus and metro stops or walk back up hill to the attractions on opposing hillsides. Going back to the hotel, one could take the metro one stop beyond the hotel and walk downhill to the hotel or just hoof it up hill if not burdened with packages. Wi-fi was less than great. Otherwise, the hotel was competent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank mjrg59
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 October 2012

My parents, my sister, and I booked our entire trip via the Internet exclusively for the first time ever. My parents were terrified that, even after 400+ awesome reviews, this hotel was going to be awful and dirty (my mom's personal worst nightmare). But when we got there OMG it was GORGEOUS, and SO CLEAN. My mom didn't even pull out the extra sheets she had brought over all the way from the US lol. The staff is amazing, professional, really welcoming, speak great English, and accommodating in every way. On one of the nights, we asked them where to go for my sister's birthday. Not only did they provide an amazing restaurant but when we got back to our room, there was champagne and strawberries waiting for us with a lovely note! It's these wonderful little touches that really make me want to go back. The location was quaint and still very 'center of town.' I especially loved the hill with little steps on one side of the hotel. (my bum was in great shape after the trip! I'm definitely going back to beautiful Portugal again and I'm definitely staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed on business trip on 15th October.

Pleasant clean room, good standard of equipment, music, TV etc..... Only let down by WiFi in room (very,very slow to connect, but speed good eventually) WiFi is free...

Shower broken in room, but bath ok.

Would stay again.

Stayed October 2012
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Our stay in Lisbon at the Eurostars Das Letras was amazing. I really have to compliment their amazing staff which went out of their way to make all my birthday surprises, planned for my boyfriend's 31st birthday, possibile! I could not thank them enough:) Karim thank you so much for you quick email responses and helping me out with info on the Benfica tickets and of course arranging and picking up the birthday cake, which by the way was really nice! Rui, thank you so much for all your great sightseeing tips on places where to go.

The room was clean, spacious and even had a balcony so we could enjoy the amazingly good weather. On the big day the cake was delivered at the stroke of midnight like I had asked and we were given a bottle of champagne with the cake, thank you so much for that, it was a real surprise, especially with the note from the staff to congratulate my boyfriend. My compliments to the owners, you sure have an amazing team of people working at your hotel and we will definately come back to stay at the Eurostars Das Letras Hotel when we return to Lisboa.