“Great value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of HF Fenix Garden

HF Fenix Garden
Ranked #61 of 247 Hotels in Lisbon
Scottish Borders
“Great value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Took one of the top floor rooms with a balcony - what a bargain! Amazing view, huge room, sliding glass doors and a shower to die for!
Plentiful breakfast served in good sized room with tables available even when a large group of organised travellers descended at once.
Easy to walk down to the main town and then hop the metro back up the hill if tired.
Airport bus stops at the main roundabout but now just as easy to use the metro with the new line extended to the airport. Change once but its very simple - just onto different platform.
Great hotel and would definitely use if visiting Lisbon for a third time...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank ScottishSheila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My partner and I took a winter vacation to Spain and added on Lisbon. What we liked about this hotel: 1. The air port bus dropped us off very near the hotel. 2. We found the breakfast to be very adequate. 3. The gentleman at the desk (he had braces) was extremely helpful and kind. 4. The location was actually very walkable to the river front which surprised us. 5. While not fancy, it met our needs. 6. Our stay was quite pleasant. It really isn't a 4 star hotel but its good.

Room Tip: The breakfast was reasonable and convenient. We enjoyed having a second cup of coffee if we desired...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GreenQueenColleen
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

great room, view from the very large window fab. breakfast perfect. location perfect, close to airport buss stop and bus stop for many places to go. staff extremely friendly, helpful, polyte. would go back definite. recomend it to all.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisa t
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here with friends for weekend break in October. Very good value hotel in a great location. Excellent breakfast with varied selection. Metro station around the corner and Hop-on Hop-off sightseeing buses across other side of roundabout. Bar facilities did not appear to be available but good bar in sister hotel next door.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank kdplusfamily
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed here overnight in mid-November...it was important to me that the hotel should easy to access from the airport, should be centrally located and should be comfortable. It is all of these, and we found staff extremely helpful....reception staff directed us to restaurants and provided us with maps of the city, staff in the breakfast room were very good at the 'meeting and greeting' and very friendly. Breakfast was good, loads of fresh fruit and hot food, constantly replenished, definitely a cut above most continental buffet breakfasts. Bedrooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable, shower was great, WiFi signal was strong. Would strongly recommend this Hotel for base for Lisbon visits.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the garden....quiet and pretty view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank jeanc13
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

So there are two HF Hotels right around the corner from each other, a little confusing if you just got off the metro but they are easy to find. Checking in was unremarkable, neither slow nor fast, and totally lacked the extra touch some hotels will give you when they show you a map of their city and some local attractions. I'd modified my reservation, but I had to bring it to the hotel's attention that I added an extra night to my stay. They ended up having to book me into two different rooms but that was no problem at all, as they transferred my bags for me while I was out (and informed me they'd be doing so).
However, there were a few let-downs in my experience. I was given rooms (801 and then 702) next to the elevator. That thing makes incredibly loud noises every single time the door opens, and closes, regardless of what floor it was on, and the noises were loud enough to keep me up at night and wake me in the morning. So, I'd asked for a room further away when they moved me but they could not, or would not, accommodate me. The last night I had to sleep with the TV on.
The room was perfectly clean, has a TV and they have free Wifi (signal was so-so on my floors) but there is nothing else of note in the room. I suppose I've been spoiled by lesser establishments having amenities such as clocks, coffee/tea makers, and even refrigerators or microwaves but there were none of these things in my rooms. The place reminded me of an Ibis, which was only lame because they seem to bill themselves as a funky or trendy place to stay. The hotel is very close to the metro but not very close to the central attractions of Lisbon (except one art museum) and there seemed to be nothing nearby open very late aside from a very small number of uninteresting restaurant/bars.
I would very likely choose a different hotel if staying in Lisbon again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator; request a room ending in a number higher than 05.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank primerstar6
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for three nights via venere because of 1) its competitive price and 2) the option of paying the charge at the hotel. I intended to pay in cash but provided a credit card number as guarantee as usually required by such bookings. when I checked in the hotel I was told that my credit card had been charged for one night's fee in case I did not show up. That had got to be one of the worst check-in experiences. I mean, the credit card number was provided as guarantee and I did show up so why on earth did they think they had the right to charge me two days before my check-in date in case of a no-show? The hotel did subsequently void the transaction, but I suffered a loss due to the difference between the buying and selling exchange rates.

Apart from the unhappy start, it was a pleasant stay. The room was clean and adequate, the bed was comfortable, the free wifi was strong, the shower was strong, and the breakfast was very delightful. The hotel is close to a metro station and it is easy getting there from the airport (except that there are stairs to climb at the metro station but it is not the hotel's fault).

So, guests booking this hotel via a booking agent expecting to pay upon arrival should know that the hotel would charge you before your check-in date "for fear of a no-show". Other than this, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed November 2013