“I was robbed”

Ranked #194 of 251 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“I was robbed”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Would advise all fellow travellers to stay well clear of this one. Not only was my i-phone charger stolen from my room but the reception staff offered no assistance whatsoever. The wouldn't phone the police, wouldn't question cleaning staff and generally took a very dismissive attitude to the whole thing. The best advice they could offer me was to "not" wear my watch out when going out for a stroll in the surrounding area......... Good night Vienna ??? Goodbye Lisbon....... I wont be back !!

Joe.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank joe m

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Have just returned from staying 4 nights at this budget hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other travellers on a limited budget who want somewhere in a great central location. Our room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet, it was cleaned every day, and the staff were really friendly, giving us maps and great advice about where we should visit in Lisbon.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor at the back of the hotel which I would choose again. On the downsid...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Helsinki
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed here for a week in February, 2010. First we didn't find the hotel, because the sign was so unnoticeable. Me and my friend (both students) didn't expect much from the hotel, as you can imagine, we are super-low-budget-travelers and payed about 110e per person for five nights. Cheap huh?! The room itself was pretty good, I mean for the money that we ''spent'' this felt like pure luxury.. Even though it was quite chilly in that time of the year, there is some blankets to use, but I would recommend that guests take warm clothing with them. Our room was on the first floor, and our window was towards the inner-garden so we didn't hear any voices from the street either. The man on the reception made us feel very welcome, and helped us if we had any questions. The outer-door is locked, but there is a doorbell. We didn't use the hotel for anything else than sleeping and storing our belongings in a secure place, and this hotel certainly suited for that kind of use. I wouldn't recommend this as a family-friendly hotel, but if you're outgoing and looking for a good-value hotel, this is a good choice. As many of these earlier reviews have pointed out, the location is awesome! Ps. go down the hill to the bar called Young Liberty (on the right) and try a drink called Fluffy Duck!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank disa S
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 15 December 2009

Best price-value hotel. It has excellent location, just at one of the main squares in Lisbon - Praca dos Restauradores. It is 1 min walking distance from the bars quarter of Lisbon - Bairo Alto, and no more than 10 min walking to the Baixa and Chiado.

The staff in the hostel is friendly and you can be confident on asking for things to do and places to go. In our case they were very helpful in recommending us good, cheap local restaurants!

Rooms are cozy and clean.

But one minus is that we didn't have heating in our room and it was December when we visited this place. When we asked the reception for heater they suggested us an extra blanket instead. Another minus is no WiFi internet in here. These are two reason for me to rate this hotel with 4*.

I attach some photos from our room.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple