“Adequate with Great Location”

and 1 more site!
Pensao Residencial Roma
Ranked #160 of 258 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013

At first glance, the place was a dump. My room was on the fourth floor with no elevator—a real pain with luggage. But it had a wood floor and high ceiling which were kind of charming. However, the shower head was a handheld one and there was no wall mount. Try washing your hair or even using soap! Then my remote didn't work. The guy at the front desk, Guillermo, was really nice and very responsive. However after he fixed the remote, it was still acting funky. Breakfast was only okay. Wi-fi was free in the lobby and always worked. Like I said, the staff was very good and if it weren't for my shower, tv and schlep up all those stairs, I would have given it four stars. Takeaway? Ask for a room on a lower floor with a wall-mounted shower head!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Adseldon

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We booked very last minute a 5 people apartment. It was clean, cheap and the staff was estraordinarily helpful. All of us agreed it was to be recommended.

The location cannot be better: very close to the "old city" (Alfama, Plaza del Comercio, etc) and it has parking for only 10€/day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night. It is, as others have commented, basic - but very clean and has everything required if you approach it as merely a place to sleep rather than expecting it to be an integral part of your holiday experience. The room I was in was quite large, had a spotless bathroom attached, a large (if obviously ancient and not especially comfortable) bed and plenty of very clean towels. There was NO view from the window - it faced a wall about 4ft opposite - but as I was just using the place as a stopover, this was not a concern.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful, the breakfast was simple but plentiful and entirely adequate. Location was superb - right in the centre and ideal for seeing the city, had I had more time.

The downsides were the stairs - anybody having problems with stairs would have a tough time here - and the lack of air conditioning. Lisbon can get VERY hot, and my night there was no exception, so I was uncomfortable from that perspective. However for the budget price I paid I felt the experience was really excellent value, and would probably stay here again if my visit did not coincide with the hot season !

Room Tip: Possibly not a good idea to,get a room at the front, because I could see this could be noisy, the ba...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Angevin1154
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I chose this hotel for its location and for the cost acceptable.
The hotel is located near the city center, near the Elevator da Gloria and also close to the metro.
It overlooks the beautiful Avenida da Liberdade but the ways that we are behind the hotel does not inspire much confidence.
The hotel is on the first floor of a building and it is not very nice. There is not the lift, sofor the luggage can be a problem. The rooms are basic and clean.
Breakfast is ok.
I recommend it to a young couple.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank valerio_ve
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The location is perfect ! The room was really small but it did not matter much to me, in fact you don't spent much time in the hotel while on tour. The staff is very friendly, breakfasts are good. I'm happy that I booked this hotel. If I am back to Lisboa I'll definitely stay in the same place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2012

good lokation, friendly people, but the quality off the rooms aand the beds where not ment for five ault people.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The hotel rooms at the Pensao Residencial Roma were very clean, albeit basic. The staff was friendly and helpful. They had air conditioning and an in-room security box which I thought was useful. The location is great (about a 5-8 minute walk to Rossio station). Overall, I enjoyed our stay there and thought that the hotel offered a good deal for what you were getting!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends