“I m sorry to disagree with the majority of the comments”

Turim Alameda Hotel
Ranked #167 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Like I said in the title of my posting, I completely disagree with the people that speak well about this hotel. OK the staff is friendly but come on?? This is what staff should do and is paid to do! You couldn t expect them to yell at you on your own expense, would you now? Except the staff 'friendliness' I cannot find a single advantage in spending my entire holiday in this poor hotel where I received broken and stained bed sheets EVERY DAY !! Even after I gently raised this problem at the reception of the hotel and naively expected to be solved at least. Didn't happen! Same sheets, day after day! Simply mind-blowing and unacceptable from my point of view, no matter the price you pay for your room, it s a matter of respect not offering these kind of conditions to your customers!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christina C

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever been so far. The service is above stranded and the Rooms are well maintained. The best thing i like about this hotel is that its between 2 underground (Metro) Stations. There is also a Negative side of it is that The Breakfast. Its better to go to Local Cafe shop Because Hotel try's to deliver \English food which turn it Horrible (for me) but people still Go for it. the overall, I must say the best place to stay if you ever go to Lisbon. If you go to Lisbon to visit make sure you buy Lisboa Card. With Lisboa card you can travel free around the area and some of the attraction places become cheaper. You can get all the Information from the Information center which are located all over the city.... I have enjoyed a lot and I hope wo ever go there Enjoys as well. *-*

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Turim is a small Portuguese chain of hotels, and provide a good standard of accommodation - perhaps not quite the equivalent of a 4* in the UK, but quite close. This one is close to Alameda metro station, from where the City Centre is only 10-15 mins and other locations easily accessible, especially getting to/from the airport.

Room was fine and plenty big enough for a weekend stay - a very wide bed but comprised of the usual European habit of pushing twin beds together. Like others, we only had very small niggles - no coffee and 'normal' tea supplied even though coffee/cups/herbal tea were, not much hanging/storage space and annoying muzak when you came in the room each time (although we found this was rife everywhere in Lisbon!)

Breakfast was good - lots of choice, although all fairly fattening! As others have said, coffee wasn't great, nor was the juice or cereals! We didn't have dinner or drinks (looked expensive).

Staff were friendly and our room was already ready when we checked in a bit early. I'm sure better, more centrally-located, hotels could be found but I'm assured it was very good value (my b/f booked it for my birthday!).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June 2013. Overall looking hotel is really great, very clean, staff is very professional. I only have a few little complaints about room. First is that our room was little bit small. Otherwise room was really modern, clean and elegant. Second one is that we only had limited access to TV channels in our rooms, and it was written that for more channels reception should be contacted (I presume that it means that you have to pay for it), although we didn't really care about it very much since we used hotel only to sleep over and to have a breakfast. Third tiny complaint is poor water pressure in our room :)
Breakfast was really good, offers a great variety of food and surely everyone can find something for themelves, from cereals, cakes, pamcakes to salami, eggs, ham...
Location is so so. Metro station Alameda is about 5-7 minutes walk away, and Rossio is 5 metro stations away. Problem is when you're coming back you should climb a small hill to reach the hotel. But if you had couple of drinks too much in the evening and you don't want to use a metro, price of a taxi ride from Rossio to hotel is somewhere between 6 and 7 euros, which is really ok. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Hotel room was small. We had three bags and it could hardly fit in the room. My bathroom was tiny as well. Location wasn't that great as it was far from where all the action is, but it was close to a Metro station and Taxis knew where it was. Breakfast was so so. Coffee was far from great. Service was helpful enough but nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil C
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would say Turim Alameda is a good 4 star hotel with the good value for money, but... Our room was already paid in advance and at arrival they charged my card with 50 EUR. I asked them why and got the response that this is a normal process they just authorized my card, that's all, and I will get back the amount. It was a week ago and the money haven't arrived back to my account. I asked the receptionists to provide me the receipt about the payment cancellation. They just simply didn't find it... I would not comment the service part.
Breakfast is okay, but the eggs and sausages were cold, some plates were dirty and the orange juice it terrible.
Rooms are well equipped and clean, but the bathroom is small and the walls are very thin.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very close to the Metro Station, although on the first day you might struggle walking uphill to the hotel! After a day of sightseeing we walked through the lawn area, as the pavements were very slippery. The hotel was nice and clean, with very friendly staff. The breakfast was available till 10.30. There was a choise for everyone, including hot omelletes, pancake and waffles. The only downside was the coffee and the tea, which did not taste good at all. The roon was spacious with a balcony view. The shower was clean and tody too. It was a really good hotel and value for money. I would recommend to everyone visiting Lisbon for a city break.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple