“Great deal !”

Ranked #154 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
Tannay, Vaud, Switzerland
“Great deal !”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Comfortable and affordable rooms for the quality you get, great service from a nice staff, the room service is expensive but ok, the wi-fi is free but quite slow. The beds are awesome !
If you're looking to get some rest not too far from the center this is the right place to go.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Orkelljunga, Sweden
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel is well located between metrostations and a taxi costs less than 10€ to the centre. There is also parking outside the hotel which was why we chose this hotel and not one in the citycentre. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. It had a minibar too. They must have had a waterleak though because the floor was in bad shape... One bad thing about this hotel was that when we arrived they wanted to write down all the creditcardnumbers, the ones on the back aswell incase we used the minibar! If anyone gets hold of all that info from you thay can empty your account and you can't say anything because you have given it to them!! They didn't push the matter though because we refused. We didn't use the minibar anyway so they didn't need it!
The breakfast was excellent and I especially liked the cakes and sweets beacause there was plenty to choose from! It was a breakfast to be expected in a 4star hotel. The service was good. Would stay here again if we wanted to be close to the centre. We usually stay in Costa da Caparica so it was a change for us. Would have liked a balcony though...

1 Thank Anette12345
Funchal
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My stay at Turim Alameda was wonderful . When you open the door of the room you have ambience music. The Ac is silencious , the bed is good. The breakfast is very good . Room modern . Near Alameda metro station;, you have to walk to metro five minutes ( to go down, but when you return to hotel by metro you have to climb a sloped street)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Like I said in the title of my posting, I completely disagree with the people that speak well about this hotel. OK the staff is friendly but come on?? This is what staff should do and is paid to do! You couldn t expect them to yell at you on your own expense, would you now? Except the staff 'friendliness' I cannot find a single advantage in spending my entire holiday in this poor hotel where I received broken and stained bed sheets EVERY DAY !! Even after I gently raised this problem at the reception of the hotel and naively expected to be solved at least. Didn't happen! Same sheets, day after day! Simply mind-blowing and unacceptable from my point of view, no matter the price you pay for your room, it s a matter of respect not offering these kind of conditions to your customers!

2 Thank Christina C
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever been so far. The service is above stranded and the Rooms are well maintained. The best thing i like about this hotel is that its between 2 underground (Metro) Stations. There is also a Negative side of it is that The Breakfast. Its better to go to Local Cafe shop Because Hotel try's to deliver \English food which turn it Horrible (for me) but people still Go for it. the overall, I must say the best place to stay if you ever go to Lisbon. If you go to Lisbon to visit make sure you buy Lisboa Card. With Lisboa card you can travel free around the area and some of the attraction places become cheaper. You can get all the Information from the Information center which are located all over the city.... I have enjoyed a lot and I hope wo ever go there Enjoys as well. *-*

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Turim is a small Portuguese chain of hotels, and provide a good standard of accommodation - perhaps not quite the equivalent of a 4* in the UK, but quite close. This one is close to Alameda metro station, from where the City Centre is only 10-15 mins and other locations easily accessible, especially getting to/from the airport.

Room was fine and plenty big enough for a weekend stay - a very wide bed but comprised of the usual European habit of pushing twin beds together. Like others, we only had very small niggles - no coffee and 'normal' tea supplied even though coffee/cups/herbal tea were, not much hanging/storage space and annoying muzak when you came in the room each time (although we found this was rife everywhere in Lisbon!)

Breakfast was good - lots of choice, although all fairly fattening! As others have said, coffee wasn't great, nor was the juice or cereals! We didn't have dinner or drinks (looked expensive).

Staff were friendly and our room was already ready when we checked in a bit early. I'm sure better, more centrally-located, hotels could be found but I'm assured it was very good value (my b/f booked it for my birthday!).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in June 2013. Overall looking hotel is really great, very clean, staff is very professional. I only have a few little complaints about room. First is that our room was little bit small. Otherwise room was really modern, clean and elegant. Second one is that we only had limited access to TV channels in our rooms, and it was written that for more channels reception should be contacted (I presume that it means that you have to pay for it), although we didn't really care about it very much since we used hotel only to sleep over and to have a breakfast. Third tiny complaint is poor water pressure in our room :)
Breakfast was really good, offers a great variety of food and surely everyone can find something for themelves, from cereals, cakes, pamcakes to salami, eggs, ham...
Location is so so. Metro station Alameda is about 5-7 minutes walk away, and Rossio is 5 metro stations away. Problem is when you're coming back you should climb a small hill to reach the hotel. But if you had couple of drinks too much in the evening and you don't want to use a metro, price of a taxi ride from Rossio to hotel is somewhere between 6 and 7 euros, which is really ok. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple