“Great value”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Considering its location, I was afraid this restaurant was going to be touristy, but we were quite surprised. They first bring you appetizers (you pay for whatever you eat). We didn't eat anything but the octopus salad but it was great - light and refreshing, very we'll done. My boyfriend doesn't like octopus but he loved this salad. For dinner, I had the grilled bacalhau and he had the Brazilian steak. They were both delicious and huge portions. We also split a liter of their house wine which was only 5€ a bottle. Our whole meal came to be around 30€ total. Great value with huge portions - would definitely recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend and I went to this place for lunch based on the Trip Advisor reviews we read. We had a pitcher of sangria and I ordered the mixed pork plate and my boyfriend ordered the grilled cod. The portions were big! I couldn't finish everything on my plate. The food was good and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

When you have to queue to get into a restaurant that's already full to overflowing with local diners, chances are you are onto a good thing - and that certainly proved to be the case with this restaurant. We were fortunate enough to be sitting beside someone who knew the menu and advised us to shy away from the tourist offerings, and opt for the daily specials. We just wish we'd been hungry enough to do it justice as portions are huge. Lamb cutlets (around eight of them) were tasty and sweet, and the mixed meat plate was interesting (!) with lamb's tongue, pork belly, black pudding, sausage etc on a bed of cabbage. Not for the fainthearted, and definitely vegetarian hell, but good, plain food served without any pretensions. All washed down with some decent local plonk and rocket-fuel strength coffee.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We went to this restaurant two nights running and found both the food and the service to be the best we tried in Lisbon. Excellent value for money, good menu choice and friendly helpful staff.

You can't go wrong if you are looking for a good meal in the Baixa. They are also one of the few restaurants in the area that don't need to stand in the street touting for business so that must say something !

Reviewed 7 March 2014

A very busy restaurant but the food is very good with a variety of fish and beef dishes and other meat dishes and the service is excellent. The staff are very friendly and helpful and very efficient . We liked it so much we went back the following night, customers were queuing on both occasions but it was worth the wait. But the best bit was when we were handed the bill. Only thirty three euros for pre meal drinks, wine, starters ( which are limited but bread and little fish cakes are provided ) main course,
dessert and coffee for two. I thought there must be a mistake, but it was correct. The best meals and the cheapest meals we had in Lisbon. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank judy062