“Large portions of srumptious food”

A Licorista O Bacalhoeiro
Ranked #376 of 4,506 Restaurants in Lisbon
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Walking around exploring the city, we came across this restaurant with some monster fishes displayed in the fridge in the window. Other people would have run a mile but there was a crowd waiting outside so we thought we would give the place a try. We returned the next night and it was just wonderful! The food was amazing and abundant. The staff were very friendly. We took their recommendations and had both the monster fishes - a scabbard fish and a croaker fish, as well as sardines and prawn rice. We also had a pitcher of sangria. Other than the sardine bones being rather overwhelming, everything was delicious! We really had a fun time in this restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Fantastic service and the best bacalhau we ate in Lisbon. Generous portions in this truly authentic Portuguese restaurant at Baixa. We were lucky enough to get a table as we arrived early, but as the evening went on we were surprised by the size of the queue of customers waiting outside.

1  Thank FernandaHo
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The judgement is almost the same as the first one, good service by Senhor Miguel as good food, only much more crowded that we remind, good for the restaurant but worse for the customers. Sardinhas are definitively good as the very fresh salmao, good portions and reasonable price (average 30 EUR including drinks and desserts). Just a note, pay attention if the starters are charged even if you didn't eat them, it can be that they will be charged "by mistake".

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Considering its location, I was afraid this restaurant was going to be touristy, but we were quite surprised. They first bring you appetizers (you pay for whatever you eat). We didn't eat anything but the octopus salad but it was great - light and refreshing, very we'll done. My boyfriend doesn't like octopus but he loved this salad. For dinner, I had the grilled bacalhau and he had the Brazilian steak. They were both delicious and huge portions. We also split a liter of their house wine which was only 5€ a bottle. Our whole meal came to be around 30€ total. Great value with huge portions - would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend and I went to this place for lunch based on the Trip Advisor reviews we read. We had a pitcher of sangria and I ordered the mixed pork plate and my boyfriend ordered the grilled cod. The portions were big! I couldn't finish everything on my plate. The food was good and the price was reasonable.