“Fab stay”

Travellers House
Ranked #8 of 433 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
“Fab stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great private room, great location, GREAT brekkie and lovely hosts.
Amazing value, we are in our late twenties now, so didn't fancy a dorm room, but still dipped into the backpackers bar crawls and tours to make us feel young again!
Would highly recommend, felt very at home and relaxed in this beautiful building.

Room Tip: Our private room for two was great, and close enough to the bathrooms too.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and cannot recommend it enough. The staff are so helpful, always stopping for a chat and a joke when you meet them. The ladies who make the yummy breakfast (which is included in the price) and clean the rooms are so friendly. We were staying in a private double room ensuite on the fifth floor, there was no lift but it's a great way to work off all that nice Portuguese food! Everything about this place makes it the only place to stay for me in Lisbon, I will be recommending it to anyone who is going there. You will not get a better location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdre65
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Me and my friend stayed at the Traveller's house for 4 days and it was one of the best experiences i have to date. The hostel organised events every day; including tours during the day and bar crawls and wine tasting events at night, and this gave us the opportunity to meet everyone else in the hostel which for me was a highlight. The staff were so friendly (especially Carlos) and they couldn't do enough to help you making sure that we got the best out of our holiday in Lisbon. They gave us maps which they annotated to show us where to go and where the best nightlife was. They provided breakfast everyday which was delicious. I don't have a bad thing to say about this hostel, and I am positive it is somewhere I would go back to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff were friendly, professional, and spoke English. I cannot say enough good things about the people who worked there. Breakfast was delicious and the daily activities captured the spirit of Lisbon. The rooms were spacious and clean, as were the washrooms and common areas. This was the perfect place to stay to experience Lisbon.

Room Tip: There is a kitchen and common area of the top floor, but the washroom and shower are smaller.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at Travellers house in lisbon for 3 nights whilst travelling around spain and portugal. This is definitely one of the best hostels in europe! Although it is probably in the best spot in lisbon (being so close to everything!), that is not what makes this hostel so good - the staff here are awesome! They took the time to sit down with us and show us where to go and what to do, as well as writing it all down on a map. They also recommended some amazing places to eat and drink! The hostel also offers other activities and pub crawls every night. In our 3 days there, we went on a night time fado walking tour which included some drinks and stops at bars along the way, as well as joining in on a feast at the hostel where one of the staff cooked up some portuguese sausages. Everyone is so friendly and it was very easy to meet new people! After 3 days, I definitely did not want to leave! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Norrkoping, Sweden
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm traveling Europe and have stayed at 10 hostel so far, and this is without doubt the best although also the most expensive. Arrived here 7.30 am after a sleepless night travelling from Malaga and wanted to store my bag while waiting for check in at 2 pm. The receptionist was very welcoming and showed us around, gave us access to wifi, common areas, kitchen and whatever we needed even though we weren't checked in for another 6 hours. The common areas are amazingly cosy, everything very clean and modern, with jazz music playing in the backround. There are lots of board games available, also tablets, tv and computers.

We bought breakfast for 3 euros without any problems, which consisted of egg, bacon and toast or panncakes cooked in front of you. Cereal, milk, coffee, tea, chocolate powder, jam, butter, honey etc also included. Coffee and tea for free all day. We cuddled up and got some rest before getting a glimt of the city.

The way the staff at Travellers house treated us on our arrival is something I've never experienced before. I felt like home from the very first moment and decided to rate this with top score before even seeing the dorm.

The location is nothing but perfection, in the heart of Lisbon close to shopping, pastry, food, sea, nightlife, metro and tram. I wouldn't wish for any other location than this.

Finally checked in to our 4 bed dorm and had lockers, safety, bed linen and towels for free. Comfty bed, better than other hostels in general. Laundry service available for 7 euros, totally awesome. Pub crawl, snacking etc are all payed when checking out, so you don't have to worry about that during your stay. Sadly leaving one day earlier than planned, but only because of the place beeing fully booked our last night, otherwise I'd definitely stay.

The only thing I could possibly complain about is that it wasn't possible to lock the door to the shower room and the toilets are in the same place, so If you are taking a shower, there might be a risk that you meet someone when leaving the shower reaching for the towel which you have to put on a hanger on the other side of the room. Not a big deal though.

I'm so happy I stayed here. It's not a perfect party hostel, but you will meet a lot of people and have a great time. I will be back if I get a chance!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at the hostel in the 4 beds room and also in a double room with my wife. It is a high above average place, very cosy, the staff is amazingly friendly, offering activities, walks, golden tips for not falling into tourist traps and get to know the true Lisbon. Really, there is no Lisbon tourist book that can give better advice. Just talk to staff and you will be fine. Bathrooms and toilets were clean, wifi was working both in bedrooms and living room. Breakfast is nice and they offer free coffee during the day to help endure the tourist marathon. The location couldn´t be better, at walking distance from major Lisbon touristic attractions and to the metro if you are interested in going around a bit. I would definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Guest extremely sensitive for sound can find the rooms facing the street a bit noisy. Generally you...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple