“The Excellence in Hostel”

Lisboa Central Hostel
Ranked #12 of 432 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Lisbon, Portugal
“The Excellence in Hostel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was very well received and accommodated, and the staff did everything to make my stay as enjoyable as possible, during the 2 weeks that I've been there.The functionality, organization and neatness impress.The price is a Hostel but the service exceeds that of a Hotel. The pancakes for breakfast and soup for dinner, associated with some treats, make us feel highly valued! Best Hostel I've ever been to!

Room Tip: The 2º floor have less noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Its a wonderful hostel, i stayed there for 10 days total, the staff are wonderfull and very helpful, Plenty if space in the rooms for everyone and there bags, its very clean and plenty of ammenities, its only a short 10-15 minute walk to down town and 2minutes to the metro, i would definitley stay again :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank iswiminpools
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with a group of friends just over a week ago. It was very clean, very homely. They often gave us free soup and pancakes in the morning. I lost my wallet while I was there and they posted it out to me. Would definitely go again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Antani B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

we arrived on our friends birthday and they prepared a cake for us and soup! they do free milkshakes on mondays, and provide banana pancakes for breakfast. the staff is very sweet and welcoming. they gave us reccomendations of stuff to do and see, and also gave directions on the map. the rooms and bathrooms are very clean and tidy. seems that there is always a maid tidying up after everyone. i would definitely come back :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachel O
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the second time I stay at Lisbon Central Hostel, this time for one week and the reason I came back is due to a great staff, where everyone is friendly, cooperative and helpful, from the owner to the cleaning staff.
Kitchen is well equipped,rooms are nice and clean with FREE lockers, the breakfast is better than in some 3 star hotels also for FREE, with staff present 24h a day and FREE internet.
The location is perfect since it's really central, near subway stations, bus stops,etc.
I really recommend this place. Its a good example of portuguese hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike M
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at this hostel because my flight booking was screwed up and I had to extend one more day. I couldn't find any hotel available around where I was staying. Hotels in town were fully booked due to a huge rock concert. I had no choice but to give this place a try after reading the good reviews on tripadvisor.

It was cheap, clean, and the staff were friendly and spoke good English. But I had to sleep in a bunk and share the room with 9 young backpackers, some were snorers. I couldn't sleep, which probably was a good thing because I was able to use the bathroom without stress before anybody else woke up. By 8 AM there was a long line in front of the bathrooms.

Hostel and shared bathroom are not for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MiguelCruzSantos, Owner at Lisboa Central Hostel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hi,

First of all I would like to start by thanking you for staying at our hostel, I understand that it must have been a little frustrating having problems with your flight and then accommodation, but we are glad you found us.

Regarding your review on TripAdvisor I am writing to give you some further information. As we are a hostel we have shared bathrooms and bedrooms, this allows to keep the price down. However we also have upstairs some private rooms with private WC, it is quieter and more similar to a hotel and as you can imagine it is also more expensive. We feel that you have reviewed our hostel as though we are a hotel, and that it is a little unfair because we are not a hotel nor do we pretend to be, on every website it is clearly stated that we are a hostel with shared bedrooms and bathrooms. On your booking it should have stated clearly that you had booked a 10 bed dorm, were sorry if there was any confusion on this and it was not how you expected.

Miguel
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Can't recommend this hostel enough. Friendly hosts from the moment you arrive, great location, clean, helpful staff and awesome breakfast pancakes. The place has a very homely and comforting feel to it. We stayed as a couple in a private room with shared bathroom. Room was good size with free lockers, and the bathrooms were clean and always available. Stop looking and book here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple