“Best Hostel in Lisbon!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 403 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
New York City, New York
“Best Hostel in Lisbon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I don't know what it is about Lisbon, but the best hostels in the world are located here! I stayed in a few amazing hostels while in Portugal and Home hostel was one of my favorites! My friend and i were in a 6 bed room and it was spacious and clean. The Bathrooms were also clean!

The staff was amazing, but let me get to the superstar: Mama! Mama makes you truly feel like you are home, the amazing home cooked meals she makes are epic! She's such a sweet lady and even offered me seconds of the delicious ribs she cooked. I'm salivating as i type this! :)

We would hang out in the bar area downstairs after a day of touring, sit down have some cheap beers and some great food. I met wonderful people from all over the world that i still keep in contact with today!

Do yourself a favor and stay here when you are in Lisbon, trust me!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place is seriously perfect. I stayed here with a friend for 6 days in February. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The prices are super reasonable. It's clean and comfortable. The breakfast is complementary and filling. You won't want to leave! Mama even made me a cake for my birthday! Make sure to have the family dinner at least once during your stay to meet the fellow guests. Lisbon is a beautiful city to discover, and this hostel made the trip even more memorable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had an amazing time here, it was delightfully cosy and the staff were super friendly. I really enjoyed the tasting of port to welcome you when you arrive. The location was great too. It is the nicest hostel I have ever stayed at.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I went there with a friend and made a lot of new friends. Atmosphere is amazing, staff and people staying there are super friendly. I enjoyed Mamma's delicious dinner, pub crawls-Lisbon is great for partying. There is also a bar in the hostel serving drinks at very low prices. Guys working there are good laugh and always happy to have a chat or provide directions. I can't wait to go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Leiria, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was spectacular weekend... I went to Lisbon with some friends, they prefered to stay in an hotel and I choosed this hostel. I met a lots of people, I had fun in pub crawl around Bairro Alto, ate delicious delicacies cooked by Mamma,... In few words, it was amazing!
By the way, my friends became jealous... :-P

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Incredible amenities, reasonable price, very helpful staff, wonderful dinners. I wish all hostels were like this! The bedrooms have everything from curains to a nightlight. I was traveling solo, and the staff helped me plan each of my days. And the family dinners are a great way for solo travelers to meet one another.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here last year and really enjoyed myself. I was travelling by myself at the time and was just blown away by the warmth of the staff, Mama, good amenities, and the guests. I love how they have a bar and the guests can drink, chill, have fun there. Going out at night is great fun in Lisbon, and staying in at Home to drink and socialise after dinner is just as fun. I am happy to say that coming back a year later, Home still really charmed me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo