Vincci Baixa(Lisbon)
US$187
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$174
US$152
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmama's dinnerprivacy curtainspub crawlliving roomhome away from homewalking tourfree walkingcommon areasother guestsfree breakfastlocation is greatstayed longerrooms are cleanevery eveningbairro altocentral locationmetro station
Reviewed 30 May 2014

“As an older first time European traveller I can't express how welcoming and comfortable the Home hostel made me feel. I really enjoyed Joao (non twin) and Andre (twin) during my stay, many laughs, good times! Lovely Diana was incredibly pleasant and helpful. Mamma is such a warm host and her dinners are incredible, they really make for the perfect time to meet others. I met so many nice travelers that I will stay in contact with. Show up, relax, you are Home and you won't forget it.Thank you!”

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank FylDet
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I guess I expected more individual approach and few times I got bit disappointed a specially when I bring a new friend with me on my way back from Peniche who were looking to stay at the hostel for two nights . The lady who said she was a manager was a bit not nice to us. She gave us an wired feeling that we are not appreciated and she makes quite unpleasant comments while my Australian friend ask her if he can leave somewhere his backpack while awaiting for a room. She wasn't to helpful ...but then she said I can keep his backpack at mine which was all right with us , but then she makes a very unpleasant comments that my friend isn't allowed in a room to carry his heavy backpack . That makes us both a very uncountable, becasue we were two strangers to each other who met in a previous hostel and I just offered him help in finding accomodation and I thought the hostel will welcome him with an open arms . I DO had an awesome experience while been check in by them nice guys and girls who were really trying hard to meet my needs . I arrived on the May 21st and in that occasion I would like to send a Big THANKS to Francesco who helped me with while my wallet has been stolen and was very concerned about me after that THANKS FRANCISCO . I would also like to thanks Momma for her concern and warm offers that if anything IS THAT i WILLL NEED I should come to talk to her. That feels like in a real home. I would also like to send a BIG BIG THANKS to A GUY ( do apology I was running late ..and forgot your name ) who has checked me out on the May 28th around 8 am . You will get a letter from England soon I must add it was my first time when I travelled solo using hostels accommodation and unfortunately on my first day all my moneys and cards had been stolen. So YET AGAIN my Big BIG Thanks for a personal approach to a lovely welcoming people who were working there while my staying. Overall I was quite happy expect of the rudeness and a bit unwelcoming approach of a lady who has called herself a manager. But hey who knows maybe she has a bad day ? For sure thanks for the whole staff . You have some nice guys there who are very good with a customer service Warm regards from England .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been traveling Europe for 11months now staying in hostels, we stayed here for 3 nights and this is the BEST one we have stayed in!
Facilities are the best you will find, Mac computers, great bar and tv room, Internet, AMAZING pod beds-unbelievably comfortable with large roll out lockers underneath that make no noise when you wheel them out! washing machine, dryer and the bathrooms are also great, ALWAYS hot water and good pressure. The family dinners are delicious, a good way to meet people and the staff are awesome. Always more than willing to help! Definitely stay here its the best value for for money and location in the middle of this beautiful city, Lisbon. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in the 4 bed mixed dorm. Comfy bed with nice privacy. Power point to hand. Good facilities and very good buffet breakfast. The location is excellent and I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I don't know what it is about Lisbon, but the best hostels in the world are located here! I stayed in a few amazing hostels while in Portugal and Home hostel was one of my favorites! My friend and i were in a 6 bed room and it was spacious and clean. The Bathrooms were also clean!

The staff was amazing, but let me get to the superstar: Mama! Mama makes you truly feel like you are home, the amazing home cooked meals she makes are epic! She's such a sweet lady and even offered me seconds of the delicious ribs she cooked. I'm salivating as i type this! :)

We would hang out in the bar area downstairs after a day of touring, sit down have some cheap beers and some great food. I met wonderful people from all over the world that i still keep in contact with today!

Do yourself a favor and stay here when you are in Lisbon, trust me!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends