“Feeling HOME in Lisbon”

Ranked #2 of 432 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Aachen, Germany
“Feeling HOME in Lisbon”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I went to Lison in June 2014 with a few of my friends and we decided to stay at the "Home Lisbon". I've been to a couple of Hostels in the last few years but none of them was neary as amazing as "Home". The Hostel has an amazing location, is super clean and amazingly charming. The washing rooms are always clean as well as the beautyful rooms. The living room and the reception area are really charming and comfortable. If you want to have an amazing dinner you can join Mama's dinner, you'll always be in good company there! All in all the HOSTEL is just stunning. But what me and my friends appreciated the most was the amazingly friendly and helpful staff.Thank you for this experiance Diana, Andre,Joao, Mika, Barbara and of course Mama!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

A super friendly beautiful Hostel centrally location in Lisbon where nothing is too much trouble for the staff and the quality of the dorms more a akin to an expensive hotel. Great family atmosphere in the bar/dining area with a great atmosphere that seems to encourage everyone to want to meet each other and the rooms are far enough away to be lovely and quiet when you just want to chill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A charming little hostel. It is kept quite clean, and the beds are unbelievably comfortable. You have your own little lamp and outlet beside each bed, whether you're on the top or bottom bunk. It's located a block away from the river, and next door to loads of little restaurants, cafes, and shops. It's also about a 15-20 minute walk away from Bairro Alto, which would be considered the nightlife district.
The staff were informative, sweet, and very helpful. The hostel is also very secure, as you cannot get through any of the hostel's doors without having a bracelet badge to scan through.
I would highly recommend going to Momma's dinner. She cooks an authentic 3-course Portuguese dinner, accompanied with bottomless beer and wine. This was some of the best food I had while in Portugal. You have the option to sign up for the pub crawl afterwards, which is organized by Wild Walkers. Whether you think it's fun or not is a matter of preference, as the logistics of a pub crawl can be a buzz-kill at times (trying to rally and coordinate lots of liquored up people into one space at a single time, for example). Although, it's a great way to meets loads of people at once!
All in all, this is a great choice for a hostel.

Zwevegem, Belgium
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My title says it all... This is the best hostel i've ever been to. The staff is SUPER friendly, mamma's dinner is great, the beach trip is great, the rooms are great, the facilities are great... Really everything is great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Prior to booking Home Lisbon Hostel, I read many of the outstanding reviews. I thought, surely it can not be as good as everyone is saying; and yet it is. This is an outstanding hostel in every respect. The staff are welcoming, friendly, always willing to offer advice and totally professional. Their attention to detail and hospitality is second to none; nothing is too much trouble. I must also mention the wonderful Mama and her delicious home-cooked dinners! A huge thank you to the whole staff for a truly wonderful week. You are all amazing! (Michael K )

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Home Lisbon Hostel was the best hostel experience that my husband and I had our entire pack backing trip! When we arrived we were greeted with a shot of Jinjina (Cherry liqueur), it was awesome. We were then asked what the purpose of our trip was and we explained that it was a stop on our honeymoon, well we got yet another shot to say congrats! Hillarious and awesome all at the same time.

The rooms were so clean and the bathrooms were spacious and clean as well. Loved the layout and the people working there were all so amazing. Our first night there, my husband and I wanted to go out to get a bite to eat but hate those touristy restaurants so we asked one of the guys who worked there to recommend a spot. He got a map out and googled directions for us. Guided us to a fantastic Portuguese restaurant that specialized in hot stone cooking. You order this dish and it comes with 4 pieces of thinly sliced raw steak, a hot stone and some sauces to dip your steak into, oh and fries! It was delicious!

The hostel also had "mama" whom cooked supper for the guests if they wanted to stay in and enjoy some delicious Portuguese home cooking. It did not cost very much and the menu always sounded amazing.

They had a kitchen that everyone was allowed to use and the hostel included breakfast which was a great touch!

We would go back in a heartbeat and recommend it highly!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This has to be the most amazing hostel I have ever visited in my life. I have made best decision ever by cancelling my hotel booking and booked this hostel. As soon as I arrived, I was greeted with a liqueur shot. PERFECT. Joan at reception has be the most friendliest guy I have ever met on whole of my trip. I made friends all over the world staying at this hostel. Breakfast is amazing, gutted I missed momma's dinner,however i did apologise to her personally as I was there only for three days and use to arrive late night. Will visit this place soon.