“Don't Accept Wine Recommendations”
Review of Lisboa a Noite

Lisboa a Noite
Reserve with
Lisboa a Noite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 4,145 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Accept Wine Recommendations”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited here with my girlfriend last weekend during our stay in Lisbon. It's hidden away in Barrio Alto and looks quite underwhelming from the outside but inside it's lovely. Waiters all have excellent English and the restaurant clearly caters for a lot of tourists.

First impressions were good, menu was nicely balanced and the waiter was very helpful in helping us choose our wine and recommended us to order a bottle which was not on the wine list but assured us he would charge us the same price as the other one we were looking at (E29.95). When the bill came we had been charged 50euro for this bottle of wine. I immediately called him over and explained the situation and he replied in english that had quickly become more broken "oh i am sorry you misunderstood, i said this was the price" Despite a little further arguing he just kept repeating "this is the price" so eventually we paid the bill and left. While it was undoubtedly naive of us to order a bottle of wine not on the wine list it put on a dampener on what was otherwise a fantastic meal.

A very nice place, probably slightly overpriced but disappointed in their corruption as they clearly take advantage of the tourist trade in Lisbon

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank darren_o_hara

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
“Poisoning with mushrooms!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited this restaurant during a business trip in Lisbon with my colleagues. We were 4 persons from Athens, Greece and we got there for dinner on 18 of June 2014, following excellent recommendations from Portugese colleagues. Although the other 3 persons had excellent sea food, I was poisoned with the mushrooms of my main plate! I was sick all night, throwing away all the mushrooms from my stomack!!! It was the worst poisoning of my life!!! Finally, I missed the conference the next day - and, imagine, I was in Lisbon only for a business trip...

What kind of mushrooms did they serve? Apparently they were spoiled, without even checking...

Although I admit that the environment was excellent and the service very friendly, I was extremely disappointed with such bad food and, for sure, you don't expect that from a restaurant of this kind!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Vana T
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice restaurant - many Americans”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restaurant was near our hotel, and offered very good food. The price was reasonable, and the atmosphere was very nice. We had a funny, attentive waiter, and a few good glasses of wine. The seafood was delicious. We didn't have dessert, but the dessert cart looked tempting. Many dishes were being served dramatically (flaming items, or in larger paella dishes, served onto plates) at nearby tables. We did notice that the main dining room had its share of Americans, and we were handed a menu in English (not Portuguese with English translations, as in other restaurants), so I think the restaurant skews toward tourists. This is not a problem, but we found it so refreshing to be the "only" Americans around during most of our trip to Lisbon, that it felt a little less authentic. Overall, a very nice dining experience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank JodyIndy
New York City, New York
“Great with a Big Group”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Deep in the heart of Barrio Alto, this place is nice but casual. The food was flavorful and authentic. I had the Cataplana. We shared several appetizers, the goat cheese pastry is a don't miss. Next time in Lisboa. ... I'm going back!

Visited July 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were recommended to eat here . Having told them at the outset we did not want any wine (warned by previous posts) we waited a considerable period of time until they took our order but when the food came this was tasty & of good quality.

Visited June 2014