“Superb”
Review of Lisboa a Noite

Lisboa a Noite
Reserve with
Lisboa a Noite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 4,112 Restaurants in Lisbon
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Bairro Alto, Bica & Cais do Sodre
Scotland
“Superb”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We asked our Hotel Concierge for a good local restaurant and he recommended this. From the outside it does not look remarkable, but step inside for a gastronomic experience. Being Lisbon, there is a lot of fish on the menu. the cod was excellent as was the lamb my wife had. The staff are good at speaking English and will always assist. Don't take the wine they offer and just order from the wine list. We were advised to do this and were pleasantly surprised at the mixture of wines available.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Portugal
“A memorable noite in Lisboa”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is my second review of this lovely restaurant.Having dined here on past visits to beautiful Lisbon, I decided to share one of my favorite places with visiting friends.We had a table located by an old stone fireplace and were greeted with genuine smiles and attentiveness. We knew the night would hold many surprises for our palates. The bread was very fresh and varied.Our meals were displayed with artistic flair as well as many layers of flavor which we savored in every bite. My friends ordered the tiger prawns and the sea bass and each plate was returned to the kitchen...empty!!! One of my fave dishes is the black pork medallions with migas.The steaks are also tender and juicy.The gazpacho was a pure delight to start the meal.But, leave room for the old fashioned dessert trolley with numerous choices all explained by
the warm and gracious staff.The tradtional Portuguese desserts are delicious and ofcourse the chocolate mousse.We enjoyed our dining experience right in the heart of bustling BairroAlto.It is recommended to make a reservation to avoid any disappointment because its a popular spot to spend a Lisboa noite!! Cant wait to return.

2 Thank Daphnenero
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Accept Wine Recommendations”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited here with my girlfriend last weekend during our stay in Lisbon. It's hidden away in Barrio Alto and looks quite underwhelming from the outside but inside it's lovely. Waiters all have excellent English and the restaurant clearly caters for a lot of tourists.

First impressions were good, menu was nicely balanced and the waiter was very helpful in helping us choose our wine and recommended us to order a bottle which was not on the wine list but assured us he would charge us the same price as the other one we were looking at (E29.95). When the bill came we had been charged 50euro for this bottle of wine. I immediately called him over and explained the situation and he replied in english that had quickly become more broken "oh i am sorry you misunderstood, i said this was the price" Despite a little further arguing he just kept repeating "this is the price" so eventually we paid the bill and left. While it was undoubtedly naive of us to order a bottle of wine not on the wine list it put on a dampener on what was otherwise a fantastic meal.

A very nice place, probably slightly overpriced but disappointed in their corruption as they clearly take advantage of the tourist trade in Lisbon

1 Thank darren_o_hara
Athens, Greece
“Poisoning with mushrooms!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I visited this restaurant during a business trip in Lisbon with my colleagues. We were 4 persons from Athens, Greece and we got there for dinner on 18 of June 2014, following excellent recommendations from Portugese colleagues. Although the other 3 persons had excellent sea food, I was poisoned with the mushrooms of my main plate! I was sick all night, throwing away all the mushrooms from my stomack!!! It was the worst poisoning of my life!!! Finally, I missed the conference the next day - and, imagine, I was in Lisbon only for a business trip...

What kind of mushrooms did they serve? Apparently they were spoiled, without even checking...

Although I admit that the environment was excellent and the service very friendly, I was extremely disappointed with such bad food and, for sure, you don't expect that from a restaurant of this kind!!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Vana T
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice restaurant - many Americans”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This restaurant was near our hotel, and offered very good food. The price was reasonable, and the atmosphere was very nice. We had a funny, attentive waiter, and a few good glasses of wine. The seafood was delicious. We didn't have dessert, but the dessert cart looked tempting. Many dishes were being served dramatically (flaming items, or in larger paella dishes, served onto plates) at nearby tables. We did notice that the main dining room had its share of Americans, and we were handed a menu in English (not Portuguese with English translations, as in other restaurants), so I think the restaurant skews toward tourists. This is not a problem, but we found it so refreshing to be the "only" Americans around during most of our trip to Lisbon, that it felt a little less authentic. Overall, a very nice dining experience.

Visited July 2014