All reviews floor to ceiling windows on arrival welcome drink modern amenities tarts stylish hotel great boutique reception staff comfortable bed excellent stay port wine hotel bar city break a great place to stay downtown lisbon short stay fantastic hotel
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fun hanging 8nnthr hotel. Hip hotel up and coming area. Andre is super helpful at front desk. Basic Room was small so pick larger if you can afford to.

Breakfast was great everyday and very good waitress. Was noisy near elevator but all in all is a good spot. Amazing restaurants across the street.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hospitality M, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at 1908 Lisboa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thank you very much for your comment, following your stay at 1908 Lisboa Hotel.
The breakfast, being the most important meal of the day, is taken care of by our chef, who every day offers different products made with the freshest ingredients.
Lisbon is beautiful any time of year, come back soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Very comfirtable and charming hotel. Just 10 minutes waliking from Rossio square or Figuera square in the center of the town. High quality service and excellent breakfest.
you can book a transfer from airport on a reasonable price and also get a late check out in additional payment. the upper floor is very quite. I warmly recommend to stay in 1908 lisboa hotel.

Room Tip: the upper floor is mostly quite.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snirbr

Thank you very much for your comment, following your stay at 1908 Lisboa Hotel.
As you say, from here it is possible to reach the city center on foot, but also to one of the most typical neighborhoods of the city, next to the medieval castle: the Mouraria.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

bathroom had all sort of amenities - very modern room, fully newly renovated
the people at the check in were very friendly and helped me with any question I had on cleaning and ironing of clothes
I will for sure stay in this hotel next time I go back to Lisboa

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your comment, following your stay at 1908 Lisboa Hotel.
We agree with you, it is very good to sit on our terrace watching who goes by and feel the quality time passing, with a drink and a snack in front of us.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Portugal, Lisbon, its classic cable cars, interesting artistic architecture, color tiled facades and the 1908 Lisboa Boutique Hotel, "you've got to see it."

Lisbon is a beautiful city to escape whether it be a long weekend or a seven-day journey. Either way, it will be an adventure.

Upon making my initial reservation through my well respected and talented team at Ultra Travel Service of Boston, I received a personalized welcome and thank you email from the hotel. (*UT)
Subsequent emails were exchanged with Andre to familiarize me further with all amenities and any additional services or assistance I might need and to personalize my experience. (*UT)

As requested, my private ride was arranged and waiting for me patiently as my flight was delayed for over an hour. (*UT)

A short drive to the hotel where I was welcomed by three smiling staff members. (*UT)- Checking in was swift with Andre' personally there to greet me to the 1908 Lisboa. (*UT)

The room in which I reserved was one of the best categories at this property and with a spectacular view. (*UT)
This particular room is round with a great view from every angle with a spiral staircase leading to a second-floor seating area with a complimentary mini-bar, HD television, and a classic turntable with vinyl from the 80's classics. (*UT)

The bathroom in itself was ginormous It had a huge glass enclosed shower, a soaking tub and a generous amount of local toiletries. (*UT)

Within a few minutes, the door rings and in comes a bottle of Port, pralines, and the famously tasty Portuguese Pastel de Be'lem. (compliments of the management.) (*UT)
 The quaint bar located near the lobby has one of the most knowledgeable bartenders about Port Wine, history of Lisbon and local insight. (*UT)
Dinner at "INFAME" was great, but I only wish the staff was a little more engaging and knowledgeable about the menu. Breakfast was served at the same restaurant with your typical breakfast fare on offer.
The proximity to the city center and most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance. (*UT) Just next door to the 1908 Lisboa is "A VIDA PORTUGUESA," a boutique department store that carries unique artistic pieces. (*UT)
On one of the evenings, I received a surprise bottle of Port, from management, the same one I had told the bartender the night before I genuinely liked. (*UT)

After every morning jog, I was handed a bottle of water and a face towel by the front staff. (*UT) Although a gym is not provided, being in such a beautiful city, why would you want to workout indoors?

On one occasion I noticed two elderly couples that were lost asking Andre' for help in finding their hotel. Andre' not only assisted them with directions (in their native language of French) but contacted the hotel directly to tell them about their stranded guests and that they were on their way. (Way to go Andre')(*UT)

On the morning of my departure, at 5 am, Andre' made the effort of being there personally to say goodbye,(*UT) as he had also prepared a breakfast box as to the early departure. (*UT)

I chose this hotel with advice from my travel consultant, and I might add I was not disappointed in the least.

I was indeed made to feel as though I was the only guest at this boutique hotel (*UT), artistic touches throughout, (*UT) a marvelous structure to admire from the street (*UT), and most importantly, a staff that treats you like an old friend(*UT).

I will provide photos and videos of this journey and a link to property for anyone wishing to experience the adventure.

As you will notice I'm using (*UNIQUE TOUCH- UT) throughout my writing as to express my personal feelings with my experience during a given journey. Because I consider myself a global citizen and a seasoned traveler who has an eye for fine details in life, I have created this check and balance to give recognition and credit where deserved.

As I so famously say Goodbyes are never easy unless you reply with: "see you soon."

Uniquely the 1908 Lisboa touched me wholeheartedly numerous times and received 21 UNIQUE TOUCH stars * from Rome H Geragonis- I LOVE IT!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Romesfigo

Thank you very much for your comment, following your stay at 1908 Lisboa Hotel.
We are speechless, with your description so detailed and with so many unique touches!
Our guests are special and unique and for us it is a pleasure to receive each one differently. We do what we like and effortlessly, because it is with dedication and love.
Come back soon, we promise to continue to surprise.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently added on three days to our visit to Portugal and chose the 1908 Lisboa Hotel. Located within a convenient walk to get anywhere, the hotel is beautifully refurbished and updated. The building shape is noticeably unique with a triangular shape. We spotted it right away. As soon as we walked in, the service was outstanding. Andrew took care of our car, arranged our luggage, showed us around the room pointing out all the features to make ourselves comfortable, namely the air conditioning and free phone to use with internet as we explore the city. We were welcomed with a private “get to know the city” talk from Joann. She spent at least 30 minutes showing us the map and helping us to plan or next 2 days. She set us up with the bus tours, restaurant suggestions, and a wonderful private tour to Sintra. We would not have been able to enjoy the city so efficiently without her guidance! thank you to both Andrew and Joann!
Awesome experience
Would love to come back!

K and R Rascon
Arizona visitors to Portugal

PS the beds were super comfortable and
The breakfast we enjoyed each morning was superb!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hospitality M, Gestor de Relações com o Cliente at 1908 Lisboa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Thank you very much for your comment, following your stay at 1908 Lisboa Hotel.
For us it is a great pleasure to be able to help our guests discover the beautiful city of Lisbon and its surroundings.