“The host Paula will be missed during the rest of your journey!”
Review of Pensao Royal

Pensao Royal
Ranked #86 of 274 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I and my boy friend stayed at this cozy bed and breakfast for 3 nights. The breakfast was amazing as I read, and on sunday morning before going to Belem to taste the famous egg tart, Paula baked her own and it tasted so good as the Belem's. She constantly gave us good advice for good local places, such as fado restaurant. On the checkout day we left for Porto, she packed us some bread for us to eat in the long bus trip. For the rest of our journey we missed her and kept talking about her true kindness. If you feel real local Portugese kindness, I'll recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Ishlife

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Like everyone else, we love Pensao Royal. And the reason is Paula! She is very kind and helpful and you will not experience better food in Portugal. We've stayed at Pensao Royal twice and we loved it both times.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Pensao Royal is such a great place to stay because of the owner, named Paula. She's absolutely a wonderfull person. She bakes the most delicious cakes for breakfast and she's always willing to help you to visit the best places in Lisbon! Me and my friend had an amazing time in Lisbon, thank you so much Paula!

Frederique&Marit (from the Netherlands)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2013

My friend and I had the great pleasure of staying at this wonderful place for 3 nights. The owner Paula goes out of her way to help you. The place is immaculate, very well presented and the themed dining room changes daily. The breakfast is the most appetising I have ever experienced. Her wealth of local knowledge is outstanding. I can't recommend this place enough.
Prior to arriving we booked an online cookery course with a company with a hefty price tag and sadly it wasn't what we expected it to be. So the next evening Paula invited us to watch her make a traditional Portuguese family meal which was amazing! It tasted sensational. At the end of the evening we went to help clear up and she would not accept our offer of help. She really is just a tremendous lady. I'm sure you won't find another place quite like it :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed for 4 days with my girlfriend in early December, and Paula couldn't have been more helpful!
From the very beginning to the end she always wanted to help in any way, and it was amazing to think that it is just her who runs the whole show.
And those breakfasts! I can't remember a better breakfast, and the cakes are the best in the whole of Lisbon.
Really great stay, many many thanks, for all the help and kindness.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Pensao Royal mid-October for four nights. I had chosen the Pensao based on reading Trip Advisor reviews, and it was everything I'd read--a sweet and quirky place, a generous and knowledgeable host, a jaw-droppingly good breakfast, an awesome location, and a great value. I couldn't be happier with the experience. My only sadness is that I know I will never find another hotel/B&B/anything that is so exciting and generous. Paula really is lovely, and she knows her stuff!

Room Tip: If you need a shower with both a curtain and a hands-free sprayer (i.e., the water comes out of the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We spent 3 days in Lisbon and it was a perfect experience with Paula's suggestions.
She manages all the Pensao on her own and she's always ready to make your trip as its best with a great breakfast, great welcome and the best tips about restaurants, trasports and museums (absolutely you must trust her!!).
All the rooms were very clean and with its private WC. Perfectly located in Chiado district, close to everything interesting and in a very quiet street (very helpful for your sleep)
If I ever will come back in Lisbon, definetely I will stay at Pensao Royal