Location: unbeatable - close to EVERYWHERE! Ridiculously fantastic. Take shuttle from airport and get off at the Restauradores stop. Cross the road and it's basically there (the other end of the square from Hard Rock - closer towards the main station and Starbucks).
Room: Really tiny, but doable and definitely clean. You'll be outside for most of the day anyway. The hangers are cute and surprisingly work well. The 'compedium' is creative - looks like newspaper. The light switches are pretty funky. The room aroma as we walked in was questionable (like an overexcited 19 year old boy drowning in cologne for his first trip overseas). Shower was OK, though I wish it had more power.
Wifi: EXCELLENT. Works consistently and no hassle - in room and in public spaces. Thank you!
Breakfast: Nothing to write home about. The staff in charge tried their darnest to make things work (as they're always around to try and help) but clearly there weren't enough cups and glasses, and the hot water system (for tea) was embarrassing. The choices were not really... choices. No hot brekky apart from boiled egg (that you cooked yourself) and the only yoghurt available was sweetened. Would've been nice to have unsweetened yoghurt. The fruits were nice, however.
Interior: A bit strange with all the green but as I said, you're gonna be out most of the time anyway...
Reception: Tried very hard. Obviously the young girl who helped me didn't have fantastic English or customer service priority but she tried very, very hard.
- Plugs near beds to charge phones
- Scented amenities that doesn't smell like an excitable 19 year old boy away on his first overseas trip
- Room slippers for cooler nights as the floor isn't carpeted
- More cups and glasses, better hot water distribution and food choices at breakfast
Would I return?
Yep, especially for the location and cleanliness.
First timers, I wouldn't bother going to see fado with dinner show. Do the Yellow Bus Tour team + fado combination. The Fado in Chiado is at stop 5. Also, Belem (blue line on Yellow Bus Tour) = Portuguese tarts (Pasteis de Belem) + 75 cents delicious god-sent cafe + monastery + walk along the river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Se Lisboa e toda linda, Se o nosso Bairro e LISBOA" Enjoy the unique atmosphere of Lisbon and stay with us at Gat Rossio. In the particular neighbourhood of La Baixa and in the centre of the city, you will discover 71 modern, comfortable rooms completely equipped at an extraordinary price. Breakfast is included and Internet is free. If you wish to enjoy the hustle of life, the culture and the Lisboan life, you have to come to gat rossio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Gat Rossio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.