“Great place to stay”

Brown's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 484 Speciality Lodging in Lisbon
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Good location, room 306 is spacious, on the inside of the building, no nice view but we werent there to watch out of the hotelroom all day! Very quit at night, great coffee across the street, very helpfull and friendly staff...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Brown's Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Of the many times I've been to Lisbon, I've almost always found my way to Browns Cafe. And at those times I've often wondered what the Apartment Hotel connected to it was like, given the the cafe was so funky.

Well I have the opportunity to stay in 402 and that room like most others in the small building as fabulous. It comes with a kitchenette, bi bathroom, Cable TV, big bed, an I Mac and Ipad, Free WiFi all included in the price.

The window insulation did a good job of keeping the room cool and stopped any street noise.

Each room looks different but they all are beautifully finished.

Book an apartment you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pick room 402 or any others in that corner.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We were in brown's hotel for 2 nights and everything was perfect. The coffee shop inside is very cool. The small room has all the necessary details. The hotel is also located in the centre of the city. Very close to praça do commercio and in the middle of the shopping streets. This is the place to be in Lisbon for enjoying the weekend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I loved the design of the hotel. I travel a lot and sleep in many hotel rooms and I always appreciate when I find a hotel with character that I will remember. Brown's is one of these hotels. The room was spacious (I booked the large room) with a mic of modern/vintage black and white decor. I really liked the pickup player and I wished it were in a working condition. Also the vintage phone was a nice detail. The bed was comfortable and my only complain was the pillow which was a little bit too hard.

The location was ideal as most of the touristic attractions and the restaurants were in walking distance.

I also loved the Brown's Cafe where we had breakfast every morning. It was a pleasant, jazzy atmosphere and i left the hotel refreshed and ready for a new day of sightseeing.

The service was good, nothing special.

All in all very good value for money

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed in a medium room for 4 nights went away for a few days then come back and had one night in a small room.
Hotel location is central to most things in Lisboa.
The Medium room was located on the third floor and had plenty of space to put away 2 large suitcases and hanging space to completely unpack. Nicely decorated with a fully functioning compact kitchenette. The room had table and chairs and a large Apple screen with an additional IPad for browsing the net all in the room. Could not have asked for better.
The small room allocated to us was absolutely terrible.
We were on the fifth floor right opposite the LIFT (out of lift door - open room door, that close). Every time anyone selected the lift we would get a thumping sound. When I recorded the sound on my phone the dial went into the red zone. As a traveller I always have ear plugs but the noise from the lift was so loud it made for a terrible stay on our last night. The usual, I asked for another room and of course they did not have another one available, they said it was too late to do anything about it. The room its self is too small to be considered as a double room. Shower pod in the room. Room 501 is not a winner whereas the first room was great

Room Tip: Room 501 is directly opposite the lift, very nosiy and very small for a double
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Lisbon is a beautiful city rich and complexe so are the hotels.
What makes a difference. The staff. Thanks to manager who accommodate us a second night by moving us from one hotel to another in the same group directly on the check in.
If u have any doubt booking here don't.
Location, service, decor everything is there to make u stay I'm Lisbon unforgettable.
Thank you (sorry I forgot to ask for your name M. Manager)

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose this hotel mainly on its location and it did not disappoint - lots of things right on the doorstep and everything else easily reached by public transport nearby. We had a large room which suited us fine - I think anything smaller would not have been pleasant as we were there for a week. Nice to have the iPad but the Mac was then unnecessary and the space taken by the record deck could have been better used for additional storage space. Very stylish room with a four poster bed, good tv, good WiFi and I was really pleased to see only a sheet and a thinnish cover on the bed - so many hotels leave heavy duvets on in the summer heat. Shower head was great but there should be a non slip surface and a grab rail in the cubicle. Little kitchenette very useful but there was nothing to dry the dishes with and nowhere to drain them. The staff were all very helpful and they produced a box of left-behind chargers to see if any would fit my phone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple