Altis Belem Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$305
US$211
Hotels.com
US$458
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$210
Travelocity
  • Room Service
1,201 results
All reviewsaltis belemmichelin star restaurantbelem towerjacuzzi on the balconytagus riverindoor pooljeronimos monasterymodern architectureclear glasscity centretoilet papersun deckdeluxe roommain restaurantfree shuttlegreat designexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This hotel would have merited five stars BUT, and it is a big BUT, my sleep quality was zero because on the morning I was leaving I discovered a plasticated undersheet on the bed had been the cause of my sleepless nights. The practice of putting plastic undersheets on beds in hotels is spreading and I urge all Tripadvisor reviewers to title their reviews "Plastic undersheet" if they encounter it. You wake up in the night bathed in sweat, wondering if you are having a heart attack and get virtually no sleep.
Apart from that, everything at this hotel is perfect: rooms, bathrooms, spa, view from hotel, cafe, service. All eclipsed by the undersheet, however.

Room Tip: Remove the understheet as soon as you arrive
6  Thank Bitternwatcher
Anabela B, Gerente geral at Altis Belem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

We were very happy with your choice for Altis belém Hotel & Spa during your stay in Lisbon. Belém.

On the behalf of our team a big thank you for the published review mentioning the good points.
Please note that our coversheet protecting the mattress is double face, one in cotton facing the sheet and another in plastic facing the mattress.

We continue to strive and deliver quality services which are a hallmark of Altis guest service excellence and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We had a wonderful afternoon in the spa. Not only did it have the usual facilities that can be expected but it was clean and staff were friendly. We went to the restaurant for a few snacks and desserts afterwards and that too was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014
Anabela B, Gerente geral at Altis Belem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

We were very happy with your choice for Altis Belém Hotel & Spa. during your stay in Lisbon and we thank you for your kind published review.

We continue to strive and deliver quality services which are a hallmark of Altis guest service excellence and look forward to welcoming you back very soon and always

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed at his hotel mid February. The weather was mostly lousy, but we enjoyed the location close to the sights. The hotel was quiet, I subscribe this to the low season throughout the country. The staff was helpful and offered assistance. The rooms were spacious and the ceiling to floor windows created a lovely openness. The breakfast was top class, the quality, preparation and variety was impressive as much as it was enjoyable.

The hotel, ultra modern with an abundance of black, however did not grab me...no atmosphere and little soul. The black stoneware, always beautiful when new, showed signs of wear. This is evident in the passage ways and bathroom. Talking about bathroom, here modern design outweighed functionality. The spa area / pool was beautiful but I found it hugely out priced. The turn down service was poor.....

It was a good experience which brought to the fore the importance of balance..... between design,functionality and personality. I will not stay here again, even though I enjoy modern combined with luxury, the mix here does not work for me.

3  Thank GDW-JDW

We are very glad for your choice for Altis Belém Hotel & Spa during your stay in Lisbon and we have taken good note of your review and thank you for your time. A Design hotel is certainty not always consensual.

We continue to strive and deliver quality services which are a hallmark of Altis guest service excellence and look forward to welcoming you back, very soon.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I have been there twice now. Each time was an excellent stay. The service is brilliant and the rooms provide everything I need. The view to the Boca de bom successo is fantastic. The breakfast is always delicious. I have been there on business trips but I also would recommend it for private stays. Check out the Spa area, it is clean and provides a great atmosphere. If you can complain anything, it's the price. But quality has it's price, so it's fine from my opinion.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank til2morrow

We are glad that you have chosen the Altis Belém Hotel & Spa for your stay in Lisbon and most of all that you have enjoyed it for more tahn once.

On the behalf of our team a big thank you for the published review, we are very happy to read your compliment, and recognition.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at Altis Belem over Valentine’s weekend and thoroughly enjoyed visiting some fantastic Lisbon tourist attractions all within walking distance. As much as we were impressed by the local architecture and history the Hotel and staff were the highlight of our visit. The rooms have a lovely open view of the Tagus River which makes for lovely walks along the riverbank, a delight on a city break. The hotel itself is a rather unassuming building but don’t be fooled, inside is a modern but beautifully designed, inspired living space. Our room 202 was very comfortable which is often elusive when style rules. This was probably eased by the wonderful bedding. I actually described the pillows as “clouds”, much to husband’s amusement. Talking of husband, who is not so emotional or so easily impressed, he also gives the hotel his ultimate approval. I think he liked the fact that this is obviously a five star hotel but the staff are so welcoming and relaxed that you feel you can thoroughly enjoy the luxury without feeling restricted. Breakfast is high quality, service is brilliant. Room service was efficient and I must compliment the chef on making a simple dish exceptional. We were even bought a complimentary Valentine chocolatier creation. I like my own home to be very clean, I work in healthcare so understand cleanliness to aseptic standard so for me to say our room was very clean is high accolade indeed. Finally the staff, wonderful really does not cover the attentive but respectful efficiency that we were blessed with. Every single one of them were lovely but I must mention Jaou who took such excellent care of us. We will definitely return to enjoy this hotel and Lisbon again.

1  Thank Sue L
Anabela B, Gerente geral at Altis Belem Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

We are glad that you have chosen the Altis Belém Hotel & Spa for your stay in Lisbon and most of all that you have enjoyed it.