Palacete Chafariz D'El Rei
Solar Do Castelo(Lisbon)
  • Breakfast included
Vincci Baixa(Lisbon)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsalfama districttower suiteprivate hotelfado barsold palacesitting roombeautiful terraceriver viewspecial hoteldinner reservationsbreakfast is servedwonderful staycharming hotelsmall hotelthe location is perfectart decoyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beyond the exquisite interiors of the individually furnished rooms, beyond the delicious breakfasts available at any hour you choose to rise, beyond having some of Lisbon's most historic sites on your doorstep, what makes a stay here simply the best is the utter delightfulness of each and every of the staff. I was welcomed as family two years on from my previous stay, and felt an honoured guest each minute of my 5 night stay. Great team, great hotel, thank you Ruis!

Room Tip: The bedroom in Lola is a wonderful quiet nest to retire to each evening.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Eve05
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Gorgeous character hotel - Art Nouveau style (Brazil Art Nouveau apparently), beautifully restored, but feels like a home from home - really comfortable - the staff are so kind and helpful and clearly love their hotel and make you feel welcomed like an old friend. The area is great - maybe 5 mins walk to Praca Comerciao and the metro station just before the square, 5 mins to the Cathedral, and the area itself is a delight of winding old streets, bars and restaurants aplenty. I can't wait to return to what is an absolute gem of a place - the suites are luxurious and spacious and it is really worth the price for the quality of the accommodation and the perfect service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is one of the most special hotels we have ever stayed in,and we have traveled all over the world. It is a small- six rooms- beautifully restored home in the Alfama district. You really feel like you are living in your own small palace. Three of the rooms are suites and I would particularly recommend the "Lola" suite. The staff are all extremely warm and helpful and make you feel like they are welcoming you into their home.While not cheap, you would expect a hotel of this quality to be much more expensive. Worth coming to Lisbon just to stay here!

Room Tip: The three suites on the first floor are all fabulous. We stayed in Amaya and Lola. Amaya has balcony with table and chairs. Lola has no balcony but is even brighter. Both have river views. Both are terrific but we liked Lola the best. I understand that the three room on the second floor are smaller and modern but we did not see them
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I want to have this boutique hotel every where I go. And all the wonderful team who look after you so well. As soon as I booked this unique and beautiful hotel I received an email from the management thanking me, confirming my stay and requesting my details for my airport pick up at the same amount as a taxi in a far superior car and driver. It was a welcome change to the anonymous reservations and confirmations that you usually encounter. As the other reviewers have expressed this place is exceptional. There are only 6 (I think) rooms so don't delay if you are going to book here as it can get booked out fairly quickly especially if a big event is on, as it was when I was in Lisbon. I had a most gorgeous and palatial room. The one with the 2 large twin beds. The sheets, the towels, the toiletries were top quality. Everyone was so helpful. They printed maps for me when I merely asked directions. They gave me the perfect recommendations for dining very close by. They made you feel comfortable and at home. The breakfasts were fantastic. Its in a great area of Lisbon and walking distance to the castle and many other attractions I did not have time to visit. I immediately recommended this place to a friend who had booked somewhere else. The building itself is hidden away in a lane and has the most exquisite entry. Its really a wonderful experience. As its a small boutique hotel and the area its in is old, there's no room for a pool or gym. I did however get a lot of exercise from walking around Lisbon up hills.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Suite called Sonya Unique. It was at the back of the building. There was some renovation of a nearby building but it was super quiet at night even although a little lane ran behind the hotel. Its a huge and gorgeous room. I would book it again.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

An amazing stay at the Chafariz D'El Rei - everything exceeded out expectations! Palacete Chafariz is a magnet that will bring me to Lisbon again and again! Thank you for making me fall in love with Portugal!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Annalu53