Inspira Santa Marta Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Altis Prime(Lisbon)
  • Room Service
US$194
US$183
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$274
US$229
Agoda.com
3,375 results
All reviewslighting systemfeng shuigreat hotelnespresso machinespa facilitiesmodern hotelsteam roomavenida da liberdadehotel restauranti highly recommend this hotelvery pleasant staymini barreception staffquiet streetcity centremin walkpastries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Fantastically designed boutique hotel, tucked away in a central location of Lisbon. The rooms themselves are great, I would actually live in a place like this! The open-plan wetroom style accommodation might not be to everybody's taste, but we thought it was great. The staff couldn't have been more helpful either, and went out of their way to make the trip even more enjoyable. I wish I'd made a note of their names, but they were fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa_Marta_Hotel, Sales and Marketing at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to write this review.
We are very delighted you enjoyed your stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
Your comments will be shared with the entire team.
Once again, thank you, we hope to welcome you again in a not too distant future!
Best regards,
Sandra Mencucci

Reviewed 10 July 2011

This hotel is very central but out of the confusion. Close to the metro and the buses. At nigth to come back taxi is a very good option and is cheap. We feel very secure

Dear Guest,
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay and we hope to welcome you again soon at Inspira.
Best regards,
Sandra Mencucci

Reviewed 3 July 2011

We stayed at the Inspira Santa Marta the last two nights of our mid-June stay in Lisbon. I would overall recommend this hotel and think that it is a great bargain in a nice, central location in the city.

My only real complaint was that we found the lighting system to be very confusing. In the two days we stayed there, we never did figure it out completely. It seemed like my partner couldn't leave his bedside light on if I turned on the W/C lights to use the potty. It would turn his light off--very annoying. There were also other little oddities about the lighting that perhaps they should rethink.

We found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Dinner at the restaurant onsite was so-so. The chef did not seem to know what "medium" meant when cooking a steak, because it was downright chewy from overcooking. Other than that, the food was good for a moderate price. The beds were a little more firm than I prefer, but that is a plus for some folks. The hotel is nice and quiet.

Really appreciated the free internet and free mini-bar, especially after staying at another, much more expensive hotel a few blocks away that charged for everything.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your hotel and your stay in June. We were delighted that you enjoyed your stay overall and we have taken on board your comments as well regarding the light moods in the room. We willl also share your feedback regarding our restaurant with our team. Once again, thank you for giving us this pleasant feedback and the opportunity to improve!

Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the end of our holiday in Portugal. We thoroughly enjoyed it for may reasons but particularly the excellent level of service we received in all parts of the hotel. The rooms were compact but well-furnished with lots of equipment including a small minibar with room for your own water or beer. It's within walking distance of the city centre and also close to the Metro and bus-stops including the Aero Bus from the airport. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2011

Thank you very much for your comments. We were pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope it is not too long before we are able to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

Having checked out the website (http://www.inspirasantamartahotel.com/EN/Homepage) before we went, my girlfriend and I were suitably impressed and couldn't wait for our trip to Lisbon.

On arrival we were welcomed politely by the receptionist and shown our room which was a good size, clean and tidy with a nice comfy bed. The whole hotel was really modern and has a light and airy feel to it (which was great because Lisbon is sweltering this time of year). My girlfriend and I both enjoyed the spa immensely - I had trouble getting her out of there a couple of times!

We ate in the restaurant twice but no more than that. Not because it was bad in any way but because I prefer to go out into the city and find the real local cuisine. However, on the occasions we did the food was great - modern Mediterranean with lovely fresh ingredients - my girlfriend's Ratatouille was especially good (and I don't usually like vegetarian food that much). The service was friendly and efficient with the minimum of fuss.

I also was pleased with the hotel's green attitude to recycling and amenities - having worked in a hotel before, let me tell you it is shocking the amount of waste that comes from some establishments.

I feel as if many of the negative comments on this forum are people scraping around to try and find something to criticise and being pedantic. I noticed the hotel manager has personally replied to each comment offering his apologies and thanking them for their feedback which is commendable.

Overall, Inspira Santa Marta Hotel should be held up as a shining example of how to run a city centre hotel. There are many hotels in London and elsewhere that should take a leaf out of their book.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to share your experience at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel with us. Such feedback is extremely rewarding, especially when it comes from someone who was previously working in hotels! Rest assured, I will make sure all your comments are shared with all the Inspira team.

We are delighted that this turned out to be a pleasant stay for you and on behalf of the team, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Urban Oasis!