“LIVID”

Ranked #33 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“LIVID”
Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

The minute we walked in it wowed us the spectacular design. Very modern and contemporary.
They have few staff working so for 1 week staying there you feel homey with familiar faces. They are all so helpful and great

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DuttiQ8
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, 9 November 2012
Dear "DuttiQ8"
Thank you for your comments further to your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the "homey and familiar" faces of our team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back some day!
Nick Roucos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I recently took my girlfriend here for a surprise birthday trip (seems to be a popular idea judging by previous reviews!) and it did not disappoint. The design of our room was truly breathtaking, as was that of the hotel in general. The staff were extremely helpful, the amenities such as the spa, gym, restaurant, bar and breakfast were also outstanding and the location of the hotel was fantastic for exploring the city. Above all though, it was great value for money and I would not hesitate in staying there again or in recommending it to anyone visiting Lisbon.

Room Tip: They have a variety of different themes for their rooms so it is very much down to personal taste on...
Dear "The_Fool_on_Th..."
Thank you so much for the great feedback! It is so gratifying for us to receive such comments and it is our customers' comments that give us the inspiration to continue providing those standards of service.
Thank you once again.
Best Regards,
Nick Roucos
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My boyfriend brought me here as a surprise for my birthday. I was pretty dubious as I'm very fussy about where I stay and I've always booked our accommodation. As the taxi turned onto the street, My first impression was 'don't stop here!!' But. When I entered the reception I was instantly relieved and when I saw our room I was really happy. I loved the layout, super clean, modern, no clutter or frilly bits.

I see what people have said about the shower and sure it can probably be a bit messy with that strange drainage style and you definitely do not want to share a room with someone you don't know well because there is no privacy in the shower. But I liked it. For obvious reasons :)

The reception staff were really helpful and one spoke french as well as english. Breakfast was nice but I preferred to eat outdoors at the local places.

I would definitely stay there again.

Oh, and the bar was well stocked.

• Stayed June 2012
Santa_Marta_Hotel, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear "Kaelou",
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. We're glad to read that your first impression turned out a nice surprise as you stepped in, yes,
your boyfriend had defenitely made the right choice :-)
We hope to welcome you again soon !
Kind regards,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Very well located (minutes to the main parts of Lisboa we went to visit) and easy to get to and from - trendy-ish hotel but got to admit I was disappointed to get into the room. It was a bit drab and poorly designed - sustainability to a fault. The shower base was either broken or so sustainable we could have lifted it up and it made some noise when we used it. Staff were friendly enough - breakfast was great. Free internet won points.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrJAClark
Inspira1, General Manager at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
Dear "MrJAClark"

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to read your comments regarding the design of the room. We are currently reinforcing the shower bases in some rooms to ensure they do not lift.
Thank you for your comments regarding staff and breakfast and internet - those were very encouraging.

Best Regards,
Nick Roucos.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 October 2012

First of all - I wouldn't going back to this hotel again. At first sight it doesn't give the impression of being anything special, once inside it's really nice - modern and welcoming.

The staff are very helpful and friendly - we could even have breakfast before 7 a.m. when we asked.

Another thing that struck me was that everything smelled very good when I came back home - must have been something in the air! I guess the SPA has some impact on this ... The SPA is by the way very nice even if I don't like when the treatment ends with a suggestion to buy a very expensive (Décleor) product.

When you are hungry, just step outside the doors and choose any restaurant. We were happy with service and quality of meals everywhere. If you would like to do some shopping, just follow the road to the left outside the hotel, walk for 10-15 minutes and you are "downtown". The way to walk there is very, very Lisbonish!

The only negative about this hotel is that they have tried to be way too modern. There are a lot of choices just to turn the lights on. A panel with 4-5 buttons and you are always making the wrong choice.

I hope to get back to Lisbon soon. I will stay at this hotel then!

Room Tip: I had a room at third floor and it was very good! Some of my colleagues were complaining about hard...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
SandraMencucci, Gerente de relações com clientes at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear "Jolika",
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel. We're glad that you enjoyed our property once stepping in !
We hope to welcome you again soon.
London
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed in this hotel for four nights in October. Was unfortunatley unable to check in early however, the hotel were very accommodating and allowed us to store out luggage until the rooms were ready.

Rooms are very comfortable and modern, the only thing which was particularly striking was the see through shower!! Fine for comfortable couples, but would not like to stay here with a friend. Nice to have tea making facilities and complementary mini bar.

Great location, along a back street with some good local restaurants. Ate lunch in a fish restaurant nearby which was delicious and very reasonably priced.

Would I come back? Probably.

Dear "Dannika O",
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
We're glad to read your overall satisfaction. We understand that the see-through shower is not of the liking of everyone nevertheless we have rooms with opaque painel to suit every one preference.
Thank you again, we hope to welcome you again in the future !
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Helpful, friendly staff, comfortable rooms, good location. we were very pleased with our time there. The only complaint was that you had to tell them by 8pm if you wanted breakfast the next day. Generally a hotel just has breakfast available for anyone staying there.

Dear "Peacockevans",
We thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Inspira Santa Marta Hotel.
The early notice for breakfast was a condition to a special breakfast offer we had at some point, but as other hotels, guests can just show up and have breakfast without previous notice.
Thank you again, we hope to welcome you soon.