“Nice hotel in very good location”

Altis Avenida Hotel
Ranked #31 of 248 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersGold level
Oulu, Finland
“Nice hotel in very good location”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed two night in this very nice hotel. Location was very good in the edge of main shopping area. Room was quite small but but clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. Special thanks to good soundproofing. Traffic did not distub at all though our room was on the first floor facing one of the main streets. Breakfast was also really good

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jiipee_66

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Shropshire
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location with a metro stop literally next door which made getting about really simple. Also close by is the Santa Justa lift and two different tram lifts to take you up to the high part of the city. All are within a few minutes walk and easy to get to even for people with limited mobility.

The room was incredibly quiet given that the hotel is located on a busy piazza and we had no traffic or other noise at all.

Breakfast is served in the seventh floor restaurant with great views of the city. It was too cold during our visit to breakfast outside on the rooftop terrace, but this would be lovely during the summer both for breakfast and a glass of wine in the evening.

Breakfast was very good with a good selection of fresh fruit, yogurts, various breads and pastries including the famous custard tarts, plus hams, cheeses and the usual bacon etc.

Good service from all staff and a good five star quality hotel. If we ever return to Lisbon we would look to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank happycupples
Sweden
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This boutique hotel is situated in the middle of the old town with walking distance to most of Lisabon´s attractive spots. Excellent staff and nice breakfast at the roof restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I'm someone who never writes reviews but I feel so strongly about my experience with this hotel that I am belatedly going to do so.

Customer Service: The best I have had anywhere. I stayed at this hotel in June 2011 for a week. The online travel agent I used (not connected to hotel) messed up my booking such that although I was charged and received a confirmation against Altis Avenida, the agent applied my booking to the wrong hotel (further away). Thus, Altis Avenida had never received my booking. Both myself and my partner were in effect strangers who turned up off the street asking to check in. The staff were awesome in helping us out with rectifying this. They immediately served us soft drinks whilst they tried to investigate things on their end. They also allowed me to use their phone to call England and contact travel agent at no cost. Once resolved (some two hours later), they even gave us a better room than the one we were due, a lovely gesture given the fault had nothing to do with them. During out stay, they were very friendly and information, advising things we could do both inside and outside of Lisbon and recommending use of a travel card, even giving me an expired one to take to the train station and use as an example for purchasing a new one. I can only be complimentary of the customer service at the hotel.

Location: Perfect, I do not think you can find anything better. Right by a metro station with links to get you around Lisbon (new town etc). There is an overground station across the road which can take you to places such as Sintra. Also, the main station to places such as Cascais is a 15 minute walk away. This hotel is central to everything you wish to access in Lisbon.

Room/ Hotel: Clean, very comfortable and had a balcony. Air con worked well and wifi was a nice bonus. Yes, it is no Ritz hotel and may not be as large as what you would get from a 5* in England, but that is reflective of Europe and is not to be taken as a black mark against the hotel itself. Breakfast was nice (Bacon, eggs, beans, sausages) available on most days (some days maybe had 3 or the 4 items mentioned) and also cold meats on offer as well as fruit. Nice dining area also.

Overall, I loved my stay and would happily stay here again. The same cannot be said for some of the places I had stayed on various holidays.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shabba1984
Surrey U.K.
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We ended up booking direct with the hotel and asked for a room with a balcony, only one floor of the hotel has balconys (2nd floor) the dining room is on the top floor with great views and a good selection at breakfast time. Found all the staff very helpful and friendly and the chocolate on your pillow at night is a nice touch along with the plate of fruit and custard tarts they leave in your room - would deff return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony if your happy on low floor
UK
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend went to Lisbon for a long weekend and found this hotel. I have to say from the beginning it was amazing!!!

As soon as we entered our luggage was taken off us and the reception staff were exceptionally informative and we were given maps of lisbon and tips.

The room was immaculate with a gorgeous powerful shower. Toiletries, safe, robes, hairdryer, LCD TV etc all in the room. A plate of strawberries and a bottle of port and water was there to welcome us.

Every evening the turn down service was around 8pm and instead of chocolates we were given the yummiest custard tarts or pasteis de nata as they call them.

Buffet breakfast was great with pastries, fruit, yoghurt, cooked breakfast etc

Travelling was easy as we walked a lot of places and the metro was right on our doorstep. The railway or tram networks or even the ferry across to cascaix was nearby also.

Would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

1 Thank MauritianTraveller
London
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I loved this hotel, can't fault it. Perfect location for both day trips and sightseeing around Lisbon. It's right by the railway station for day trips to Sintra, very close to the airport bus stop, and just a few minutes from the tram stop for Belem. Sounds like it could be noisy, but I had a room facing away from the street, and found it very quiet. I had a superb view over the castle, ask for Room 510 if you are booking a single. Everything in the room top notch, lovely high thread cotton sheets made for a great night's sleep. Wonderful hot and powerful shower, just what you need after a long day's sightseeing. I paid 110 Euros a night, which was a bargain, especially as it included breakfast, a 24 tourist pass which covered transport and museum admissions, and a welcome glass of wine in the rooftop terrace bar. The staff were extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and came through very fast with a response to special requests - I had to ask for a foam pillow, as I'm allergic to feathers, and it arrived quickly. Would not hesitate to recommend, hard to see how you could do better for the price. Stayed at the Hotel Mundial before for a similar price, and there really is no comparison - Mundial was a bit shabby, and not so well located, breakfast not included there. Rooms might be a bit small for a double, but it's not like you're going to spend too much time in them.

Room Tip: Room 510 has an amazing view of the castle.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo