Luxe Hotel by Turim Hoteis
US$202
US$121
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Oeiras(Lisbon)(Great Value!)
US$65
  • Room Service
US$358
US$330
HotelsClick
All reviewsmetro stationreception staffmain centrecity centresmall fridgeshort break in lisbonminute walkyogurtrecommend this hotelhamair conditioningnice hotelhotel is situatedhotel breakfastrooms are smallnice stayon foot
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Considering the price I paid for the Luxe Hotel and the reviews I read before booking, I was expecting a budget hotel on arrival. When checking in we expected unfriendly staff would greet us, this was not the case and the receptionist was friendly when checking us in. Our room was on the fifth floor and had a wonderful view over the rooftops. The room was exceptionally clean, and the bed was really comfortable. The air conditioning in the room also worked perfectly, something I was worried about after some reviews! The en-suite was quite small, but great for two for a few days. Some reviews highlight that the door does not fit properly and therefore water from the shower gets all over, this is not the case if the shower door is closed properly. I would like to point out that the door from the bedroom into the shower room is frosted glass, which may be a problem if the guests aren't a couple! Some reviews have mentioned that the location is not central enough but the hotel is literally a 4 minute walk from the nearest Metro station, which is really easy to navigate and gets you to the main sights in less than 10 minutes (6 euros for a 24 hour pass which includes metro, bus and tram!) as well as being very close to restaurants and Pasteleria's – great for breakfast! After check out we were able to store our luggage in the hotel, very convenient.
Overall, the Luxe Hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable, completely different to previous reviews. I'd recommend it to anyone and will be going back again!

Room Tip: Rooms on Floor 5, 6 and 7 will have the best views
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The staff weren't very friendly & the hotel is a significant walk to sights. The A/C was broken in our room for our entire stay. The staff lied to us on the first day when they told us maintenance was fixing it. Then they told us it would remain broken until after we check out because no one could fix it on a weekend. They refused to change our room and didn't hide their lack of concern. I would not stay here again and would never recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Location out of city centre but very close to tube line so no problems there. Walk into town is simple and quite pleasant and will take c15-20 mins.
Had room at back on 3rd floor. Very modern hotel. Room cleaned to a high standard daily inc. fresh towels. Agree with previous reviews with regards bathroom door and shower door which is a failure of style over practicality - though a minor fault to say the least. Breakfast not included so no comments on that. Staff were pleasant enough but typical Portuguese - I.e. no over the top US style customer service. All in all very good value and location was not a problem in the slightest.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This hotel provides the basics.....a place to sleep. The inside is very small but clean. The bed is comfortable. When we arrived at the room the lady behind the desk said that it was too early for us to check-in but we could leave our bags. She showed us to a cupboard and then let us put our bags away. The staff are not rude but they are not very warm. The room was very small and faced a block of residential flats. The room is constantly hot and the aircon blows out warm air. We had to have the window open all night but it was very noisy all night and in the morning you could hear the children from the preschool next door. The breakfast is a joke...some bread, awful coffee from a machine and cereal. About 1 minute from the hotel there is an amazing bakery. Overall, I would stay here if I was just looking for a place to sleep but not if you're looking for the holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We cannot believe this place is award-winning and has such good reviews! Please do not stay here, if you can avoid it. You are much better off getting an apartment (through Airbnb or the like) in a better location for the same price, like we have on two other recent occasions in Lisbon. Why? First, the location is terrible: in a seedy, soul-less part of town. Yes, it's close to the Metro but you will find yourself wanting to get straight in and out of the area. Secondly, our room didn't have WiFi - even though our booking confirmation clearly stated it would. Thirdly, the customer service is AWFUL. I needed to do some work on my laptop and so I really needed WiFi in our room. I asked reception what could be done and they firstly denied repeatedly that I didn't have WiFi and then finally conceded that I didn't but said nothing could be done. When I mentioned it again the next morning, they said they would follow up but never did. Fourthly, the bed is small and very uncomfortable. Finally, the bathrooms smell terribly. In sum, it looks good for the price at first glance but it has many issues under the surface. I suspect the people who have given it good reviews don't know what other better options are available in Lisbon for this price. Please look around.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple