“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wine a Day

Wine a Day
Ranked #39 of 92 Food & Drink in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: Great value trips to some of the best wineries in Portugal from Lisbon or The Algarve. Join us today to see, taste and experience some of the great wines and scenery of Portugal's wine regions.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Where do I start. First, I want to talk about how friendly, kind, and amazing the people of Portugal are. They care about their visitors as if they are family. They are so proud of their amazing country and it really shows. Armando is no exception. After exchanging some emails about our preference of wines, Armando made a custom trip just to our liking.

Armando came to our hotel door and picked us up early in the morning. He took us from Lisbon to the Alentejo region. The countryside during the trip was absolutely beautiful. We went to three vineyards, where we met with the very passionate makers of the wines. At each location there was a tour of the operations and the grounds. Then there is a tasting and opportunity for you to buy wine (at a lot less than USA prices).

Each vineyard had something to offer other than wine. We learned so much about the process of making wine and the history behind each vineyard. Each person we met with was very kind and knowledgeable. The wines were all exactly what we wanted. They were delicious.

Between vineyards, Armando brought us to a small restaurant out in the country. The food was absolutely amazing. Again, the people of Portugal are so giving and friendly. Armando translated all of my food questions to the owner, who spent a long time with us talking about his amazing food.

We did our research before choosing this wine tour. Many people have written about how great this tour is, and they are all correct. We were very pleased with the entire day we spent with armando. I would HIGHLY recommend you do this if you are in Portugal.

Visited May 2014

Karratha, Australia
“VERY NICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Armando, I just wanted to say Thank You for the tour this past Sunday. I really enjoyed it and the convenience of being picked up and dropped off at my hotel along with not having to worry about driving was great. Keegan was a great host/guide and had to use his personality to fill some 'dead' air/conversation amongst the guests. I also want to thank you for the flexibility you have shown with my short notice request for a wine tour. The next time I should come towards Alentejo for any length of time, I would not hesitate to book this tour again.

Visited January 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fabulous Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Armando picked us up in a Mercedes for a 1/2 day private wine tour. He is very knowledgeable about wine and his country. He is quick to gauge just what each client wants out of the tour and adjusts the itinerary accordingly. We saw 2 very different wineries and tasted some delicious wines. Then after an authentic and decadent snack we headed out to see the countryside, beaches and a beautiful church. This tour was one of the highlights of our trip. It was worth the price....actually it was worth more!

Visited December 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day amoung portuguese wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to Portugal and saw the great comments about wine a day in tripadvisor. Although we were a little bit concerned about choosing this kind of tour, we took our chances and we have to say it was one of our best decisions to make.
We started our tour in the Demarcated Region of Lisbon with Armando. Armando gave us much more than we expected from a wine tour. We visited some amazing estates in Alenquer and talked with the landowners and the winemakers that explained us thoroughly the process of winemaking. Moreover we went to the historical region of Colares where we met the magnificent pre phyloxera ungrafted vines. This was like a journey into the past and made us think about how difficult and even dangerous was to make wine. The grapes are unique and Armando gave us a complete explanation about how they have survived until now. Between Alenquer and Colares we visited another small producer that restored a grape variety almost extinct: Janpal. It gives birth to a white varietal that has to be fully appreciated at a temperature of 15ºC, unlike all the other whites that I have ever tasted.
Thus I fully recommend for other visitors to make this tour to get to know the wines surrounding Lisbon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Charles R
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great wine tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

This was an excellent private wine tour for a great price. Before the trip I was looking for a wine tasting excursion that really focused on the wine rather than just adding wine tasting to a sightseeing tour. This was perfect. Armando picked us up at our hotel and drove to the beautiful Alentejo wine region. We went the three wineries and took tours of each. The winemakers spent a lot of time with us. I often go wine tasting in California and am used to jam packed wine tasting rooms. This was completely different and we were able to have a personal experience at each one. We had some great wines and even got to try some wine straight from the barrell. Lunch was also terrific. I highly recommend this tour for any wine connoisseur or beginner.

Visited November 2013