“Wonderful dinner”

Restaurante Laurentina o Rei do Bacalhau
Reserve with
Restaurante Laurentina o Rei do Bacalhau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 4,352 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Laurentina Restaurant, the King of the Cod, is distinguished for the quality of its plates and services since 1976, as much in true plates of Mozambican origin, as in the Portuguese traditional kitchen. In a friendly environment, it provides the pleasure of a true meal of Cod, confectioned of diverse forms, being certainly one of the best ones of Portugal.
Reviewed 4 July 2014

What a nice dinner we had at this restaurant. Yes, the cod was delicious but above all, it was the excellent service provided by Marco our waiter which really made the whole experience so enjoyable. He recommended all our dishes and his choices were really spot on. If you are looking for an authentic and local place to eat cod, you have to come here. We absolutely, 100%, recommend this place.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Although I am not a very big fan of fish I have to say that I really enjoyed my excellently cooked bacalhau meal. The staff was very attentive and helpful. The price of the food was fair. I would love to come back again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had a lunch in this place. The stuff was nice and fast. The fish was really good e well prepared. Normal prices.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Being a Brazilian with strong Portuguese roots, I was brought up eating from all sorts of Bacalhau recipes. On my first trip to Portugal, many years ago, the food I most wanted to try was an authentic cooked bacalhau... Every restaurant I tried in Portugal (up and down the country) on the numerous occasions I visited the country has FAILED to fulfil my wish for a tasty bacalhau.... Until I tried Laurentina!
The waiter suggested the Couvada de Bacalhau à Pereira da Laurentina and it was simply amazing! I was with a group of clients and some of them told me they didnt use to like bacalhau before having this fantastic meal!
I will certainly return to try the other bacalhau dishes!
Parabéns ao chef!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

It was not the best cod fish (bacalhau alto) of my life. That is my wife's and also of another place in Northern Portugal. But it was the best I had in Lisbon. The service was very attentive. The cod fish cakes were made fresh and were very good. We were not disappointed. In general, it is not easy to get good cod fish in Lisbon, I mean the thick grilled morsels. This place did the job right.