“5 star quality fish and seafood, authentic portuguese”

Restaurante Forninho Saloio
Ranked #77 of 4,149 Restaurants in Lisbon
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Bucharest, Romania
“5 star quality fish and seafood, authentic portuguese”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Real authentic Portuguese atmosphere in this restaurant. Lots of wines, both green and white and of course red. We had the green house wine, great. We also had, all friends from our group, fish and sea food. Impressive taste and quality. Nice and friendly service and cozy atmosphere inside. Very good price also, considering the quality of the food.
Highly recommended, very nice place

• Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great Seafood Spot”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We went here on our first night in Lisbon at the recommendation of our concierge and Trip Advisor. We went around 7:30, and the restaurant was empty, but jet lag was hitting us hard so we didn't care- and boy did we make the right decision! We had a half carafe of vibrant vinho verde and seafood. When we had a question about the fish, our waiter brought us right over to the case so we could see the type of fish for ourselves! I had squid, which was grilled perfectly, and flavored just with lemon. My mom had a fish, and she got a whole grilled fish! It was not a big fish, but still! All in all, good food at a great price. I would recommend.

“Delicious food, reasonably priced.”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This small restaurant is tucked away in a quiet street, but worth seeking out. We received a warm welcome from the staff, attentive service and good recommendations from the menu. The grilled chicken was delicious, good wine choice, dessert menu. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Portuguese food at good price in nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I've been to Forninho Saloio twice this week, on Wednesday and again on Thursday because it was such a great experience. On Wednesday we ate fish that was grilled/cooked nearly to perfection. The robalo I had really hit the nail on the head. On Thursday we had meat, some nice and fresh beef steaks. I have already advised my friends to go there and will also return in some time as I am staying for some more months in Lisbon.
Besides the prices are very good (< 10 €) and the atmosphere corresponds with the one you imagine when thinking of a typical Portuguese restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Marblehead,MA
“Satisfying Dinner!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Forinho Saloio! I ordered a salad which arrived on a family sized plate that was more than enough for the two of us. My grilled salmon was cooked to perfection. The potatoes were roasted and tasted great! My wife had a grilled white fish bream which she loved. The wine was a sparkling house green tinted Portuguese wine that was terrific. For desert I had the apple pie with walnuts that was very good. After the meal we were shown around the restaurant and observed the old bread oven from the original space. The meal was excellent at a very reasonable price. We will definitely go again!

Visited March 2014