“Wondereful The House!”

Ranked #40 of 240 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reims, France
“Wondereful The House!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We just spent 3 days in the House.
The warm welcome, the suggestion and most of all the magic atmosphere we could breath in this wonderful B&B made our stay in Libsone unique !
We had Nannys bedroom which is composed by 2 bedrooms (one for our children of 8 and 4) and one for us with an in suite bathroom
Really super clean!
All the staff is friendly and ready to help at any moment. No noise at all... Electrico 28 at the door + bus and taxi stop as well at 2 minutes walking
The must was the terrace with the superb view ! Tea coffee and any other drink or snack re as well available on the terrace and we really felt as at Home!
Our children loved as well the breakfast taken in a very large dining and living room
We really recommend this special place to everyone going to Lisboa !

Room Tip: For families Nannys room is perfect ! And the price as well !
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 412Laura
fcpcc1, Owner at The House, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear 412 Laura,

Thank you so much for taking the time for writing a review!
It is a very special moment for us, as yours is our review number 300! And this, perhaps for the first time since I started this adventure 3 and a half years ago, has made me stop and take a long look at what we have achieved.

It is very rewarding looking at these reviews and realize that, out of 300, 291 reviews are either very good (23) or excelent (268!!). I take great pride in this and take this opportunity to thank everybody that took the time to review us and give us the feedback we need to keep improving.

Francisco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Netherlands
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the House for 3 nights beginning of August. It was great. We had the family room and that was big enough for the 4 of us. Our private bathroom across the hall we needed to get used to, but was fine. Breakfast is excellent, no complains. View from the top terrace is one in a million! Location is very good, trams 23 and 28 are just around the corner, 2 minute walk. 23 will take you to city center in 15 minutes max. Katerine, reception/front desk is very nice and
helpfull and will help you with trip- and eating suggestions. Taxi from airport was 11 euro's. All in all we had a very good stay and would definitely return to the House!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank NetherlandsAnne
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We (family of four) stayed 3 nights at The House. We had the girls room and our girls had the boys bedroom.
I can only repeat what so many other reviewers have already stated here on tripadvisor. Nice rooms and bathrooms, very clean.
It's a very homely b&b, with great service and as the last reviewer said, a caring staff. You get a card with the owner's cellphone number 'just in case of emergencies'. Restaurant recommendations are made, tips are given on how to get cheap tram 28 tickets, etc and the owner still asks if you think anything can be improved!

The location is convenient, in a quiet residential neighbourhoud with taxi's and the starting point for tram 28 (a must do) at the near by Basilica Estrella.
I would definitely recommend this b&b and hope to return one day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the House in Nov 2011, for only two nights, at the end of a Med cruise. I'm sorry we did not arrange our trip so as to stay longer in Lisbon. We are normally very frugal, and for us The House was somewhat of a splurge, but it was worth every penny. Loved their honor bar up in the terrace, Loved the homey feel. We stayed in the Girl's Bedroom, which had it's own in room bath.
While we were there, a young man had his proposal planned there. He had lured his girlfriend there on a ruse, and had a red ribbon trailing from their room door, up the stairs to the terrace, and there he had it set up with wine, etc., and proposed there with that fabulous view. Warmed my heart. Such a beautiful setting for such an important day in their lives.

Thank you Fernando!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the southwest corner, and would be the warmest in summer. But we were there in Nove...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hey_morgan
italy/uk/hungary
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed 5 nights here and we really enjoyed the place. it is not too downtown, therefore out of the super tourist areas, ye in a lovely residential zone.
The rooms are nice, the interiors are nicely decorated.
I would recommend to fix a little the bathrooms, where occasionally you can smell some drainage.
Breakfast is accurate and tasty. Could be slightly improved (but I am also quite demanding!).
The House is articulated along three floors, and the top floor is basically a lovely large terrace with an amazing view. A real lounge for the fresh evenings, with a kitchen at disposal for drinks and chill out time.
The area is served by trams and I recommend a visit to the lovely Estrela park.
We stayed with our twin kids (almost 4 years old) and stayed in the Master bedroom.
Our friends (from US) stayed in other two rooms.
The owner (Francisco) is really nice and welcoming; one of his employee (Costanza) was particularly graceful and courteous.
I recommend also the restaurant down the road ( O Lavrador, looovely local food at a very low price) and another one not too far away (10 min walk) (Cantinho Lusitano) little more pricy but worth it.
Downtown I would recommend O Eurico – hard to find but like the O Lavrador…absolut good food at a very good price.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Dressing Room (best view). Please be aware that the Master Bedroom has not an...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
fcpcc1, Owner at The House, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Annaritang,

Thank you for your review. I was sorry not to say goodbye in the end but I had a medical appointment and could not wait any longer.

I completely understand why you felt it could be improved. I know that, during your stay, our service (breakfast included) was not up to our usual standards. This was due to a number of reasons coming together at the wrong time for us. To make matters worse, I cut my vacations short to get everything back on track and fell ill (today is actually the first day I am back to proper work). In any case, it is not obviously supost to happen anyway and I apologize for it.

Even so I am glad you liked it and am quite sure that, when you come back, you will like it even more.

All the best for the whole family,
Francisco
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The House was our favorite of the inns that a friend and I stayed at during our 3 week trip to Germany, Italy, and Portugal. It was comfortable, immaculate, and had a rooftop terrace with a spectacular view of the river and the city. Catarina and Pedro provided superior service, often going beyond what was expected to extend gracious gestures. Our double room was well appointed and had a private bathroom across the hall.

The price in USD was $110.00 a night - a bargain for the convenient location, which was close to restaurants, transportation, and steps away from the Basilica.

It's hard to imagine a better place to stay for the value, unbeatable service, and rooftop view. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Frankly, Lisbon was the best part of my 8 week European trip and The House really made it special. It was coming home each day to beauty and comfort and amazing atmosphere. I started and ended my day on the Terrace.
Thank you for your great service, scrumptious breakfast and warm, caring staff.

Room Tip: There is a great assortment of rooms. Most are not ensuite. Some are family. The website shows the r...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo