“Excellent service and good quiet location.”
Review of The House

The House
Ranked #40 of 258 Lisbon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Travelled to Lisbon recently and stayed for 2 nights at the house. The service from the staff is amazing. I had communications from them before I arrived asking what is my time of arrival. They were very helpful in terms of what to see. The location of the hotel is on a quiet street near the Estrella church. The rooms are also very nice and I had a balcony overlooking the city and also a view of the sea. Beds are comfortable. They also have air conditioning.

Pros:
1. Amazing view from the roof terrace.
2. Breakfast is very good.
3. Service from staff and welcome from the owner was amazing.
4. Location is quiet.
5. The price is very reasonable.

Cons:
1. This is not a 5 star resort, however it is a cosy bed and breakfast.
2. Location is a little away from the city which is not too bad of a thing.
3. The master bedroom I had had a separate bathroom outside the room.

I highly recommend this place. The service is some of the best I have ever received anywhere.
The staff really make you feel you are part of their family.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. I had the master bedroom suite. The bathroom is outside however it is still...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Took my daughter for a couple of days to The House. It was recommended to us and we weren't disappointed. Outside looks dull and not a place you would chose, but once inside your impression is transformed. The lobby is huge and homely, rooms are nice (not large but fine with wonderful views), the rooftop terrace is fabulous. What made it for us is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They gave us lots of advice on where to go, lent us an umbrella (it doesn't normally rain I understand but it did when we were there) and let us stay the day and pick up our luggage in the evening even though we had checked out in the morning. A really nice place to stay for a few days and close enough - right next to a tram stop, to get anyway you like in Lisbon

Room Tip: We had the Dressing room which was more spacious than others (but not huge) .. best thing about it w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The stay at TheHouse was amazing.
Rooms are really confortable, well-furnished, service is high-quality.
The terrace is really pleasant. The view is awesome.
Staff is pleasant and helpfull.
Do not hesitate to spend you week-end at TheHouse.

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeoDuLauragais
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The House was a wonderful place to stay. The location was good.

I loved how friendly the staff was. The owner was there having breakfast (which was very nice). He seemed a little shy about being the owner and genuinely concerned that we enjoy our stay. He has a rooftop deck with an honor system snack bar. He told us he had never once had anyone take a glass of wine or ice cream without paying him and that his snack bar reminds him how good and honest people are. That's sweet! I'd like to add that people staying there probably also feel like they're getting their money's worth!

Also, they had a delicious, custard like muffin thing. I liked it so much that I asked the name thinking I could look up the recipe when I got home. I still don't know the name, but that's because the woman working at the front desk gave me the recipe. It was very kind of her and just above and beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My mother and I could not fault our stay here- excellent location (far enough away from tourist areas but not too far for sightseeing); friendly and knowledgeable staff; beautiful, clean accommodation; delicious breakfasts; and an overall attention to detail that really brings this place up a notch. 100% recommend this place and would definitely return here if ever in Lisbon again. Lisbon is a wonderful city with many different activities for everybody and I hope to return some day.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Boys Room which had a separate, private bathroom- this was no problem for us but if...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We spent two nights at The House at the end of April 2014. Excellent place to stay.
we stayed in the Dressing Room which we wold recommend, View was great and the staff was very helpful and considerate. Strongly recommend if you are going to Lisbon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel has a familiar atmosphere that makes you live Lisbon from the moment you cross the door. You don't feel like you are in a hotel, but in a house where the neighbors know each other. The owner will sit and have breakfast with you if he sees you are in the table alone, and they will do whatever is in his hands to help you be more comfortable. Rooms are nice and clean, and location is perfect. Finally, the best of the hotel is without any doubt it's terrace. You can have a privileged view of all Lisbon while you have a drink and see the sunset.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends