Bachelor party weekend- hotel booked by one of the groomsmen and frankly it was a very decent choice.
The decor is young and edgy, the staff a bit aloof but tries to engage and yes, the room is clean, the amenities are decent, the water pressure and temperature were GREAT.
I knew the LX was a little different when I saw the little box sitting on my bed stating "Sorry, No fancy luxuries to fill your ego". I took it as perhaps a way to get my curiosity up, so I quickly opened the box and found a lousy tiny pencil, paper pad and a Lisbon city tourist map.
My Advice: save the cardboard and the clever remarks- leave the stuff on my bedside table and we'll be fine, thanks.
But all that is not enough to get an 'Average' rating on TA...so here's why I walked away underwhelmed.
1. The Sushi restaurant- claimed to be 'the best in Lisbon' - Not going to get into each dish which was OK (price certainly in the more premium range), but the whole meal was killed when I discovered that the soy sauce was watery (and I eat enough Japanese food and buy enough Kikkoman and Yamasa soy sauce to know the difference). The meal then ended with a proper thud when (even though I am a guest of the hotel) I was informed that ONLY PORTUGUESE CREDIT CARDS are accepted....or cash....so cash it was.
2. The noise and general 'nastyness' outside the hotel after 3am....it's noisy (fair enough, I travel with earplugs) but worse, it's really sketchy- ie the alleyway stinks of urine and some of the dudes in there make you glad a couple of cops are standing around nearby.
3. Needed to iron one of my shirts. No iron/ironing board in the room (fair enough)- but when I called downstairs, I was informed that there are no ironing boards or irons in this hotel! Apparently this is normal as no one even apologized. Even on AirBnB I can do better.
If this hotel aspires to the heights it claims to, then I would strongly suggest they bring their game up a notch.
For the price, I will try somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the triangle between Chiado, Baixa and Cais do Sodré districts, Lx Boutique Hotel offers themed rooms with unique views over Lisbon and Tejo River. All Boutique Hotel elegant rooms are equipped with air conditioning, a mini-bar, and a private bathroom. There is an iPod docking station, LCD TV and free Wi-Fi in every room.Guest can enjoy Confraria, a trendy sushi restaurant that also serves a variety of teas, beverages and wines all day. For a typical Portuguese food experience, there are several alternatives just outside the door. Lx Boutique Hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from several restaurants, bars, cafés and shops. Guests can benefit from the 24-hour front desk service Lx Boutique Hotel provides. It also offers laundry and car hire services. An airport transfer shuttle is available upon request. Historical sites and museums such as Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio, Igreja de São Roque and the Chiado Museum are within a 10-minute walk. Lisbon’s Portela International Airport is within a 20-minute drive away or a 10-minute metro journey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your LX Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.