“Don't stay anywhere else”
Review of LX Boutique Hotel

LX Boutique Hotel
Ranked #43 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend from Thursday to Monday. A birthday treat for my boyfriend.
I paid for the ‘expanded room’ for the extra space, and was lucky enough to get a view of the River. On arrival, the room was very impressive. I had a fado room on the third floor.

Plenty of space, a really lovely amazing view, I cannot say enough about the view. Check in was fast and all the staff were nice and friendly. The bed was super comfortable, however the pillows were soft, could have done with them being a bit firmer

The pressure in the shower was excellent. The room was clean, they forgot to leave a few things after cleaning the first day, but a quick call to reception fixed this.

The only problem is there seems to be a drainage smell coming from the bathroom, something I’ve not encountered in any hotels in Lisbon, so definitely something they should look at, although I didn’t spend most of my time in the room, it was there all the time. And a coffee machine/kettle would have been nice, I thought I saw one in another room. This is a busy area and there was noise people leaving bars/clubs at about 5am, I closed the windows and it was fine, the area is too nice to complain about such a thing.

There are two metro stations near by, Cais de Sodre that also has railway and if you walk up the hill, Baixa Chiado another metro station, lots of coffee shops and high street stores, this will get you anywhere you need to go in the City. If you like walking, plenty of sites are within walking distance and you discover plenty when walking through back streets.

Coffee shop across the road for breakfast and coffee in the morning, I never had to venture far to find a nice restaurant.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay again. The location, the comfort. Lovely. Wish I had stayed for longer

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle71
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for such kind words, it was great to have you with us and even better to feel we've been a positive aspect of the treat you gave your boyfriend.

I have to agree with the remark you made on the view…although I treat all the rooms the same, I have a special feeling for the riverfront ones! City centre with this view? It is unique. On the drainage issue, it's a downtown problem, and it depends on the river tides…we've been investing heavy on new systems and I'm confident we'll find a way to fix this minor set-back.

Follow our fv page to keep up the city news and check out or new "lx club" (on the website) to get access to our preferred guests' rates and promotions.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at at this hotel for 1 night in December 2011. We arrived there early in the morning, hoping that they'd store our luggage till we roamed around the city and returned at check-in time,. To our delight, they had a room ready for us and let us in immediately. The room was very comfortable and clean and well equipped. When we down to the restaurant for a cup of coffee, the chef approached us with a plate of cake ... he said it was something new he had tried out that morning and would like us to try it. It was an excellent cake, and complimentary! Our breakfast experience the next morning continued on a similar note ... hot, freshly baked croissants and great coffee. The hotel staff were very helpful with recommendations on local hangouts and places that they would eat at. Our trip was short, but we could make the most of it, thanks to these guys.
And not to forget, the location is awesome.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, Owner at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Freddy,

It as really been to long since your last visit! It's time to come back! You'll find a completely different hotel and neighbourhood, new restaurants, art galleries, bars, a new river view building…and so on!

You can keep up the city and hotel news on our fb page! Sign in to the lx club on our website and get access to our preferred guests' rates and promotions. Anything you may need from us, don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at lx boutique hotel for 3 nights in October.It is situated in a very convenient area.The metro station being just across the road and taxis are readily available.The room we were allocated was upstairs with a view over the rooftops ;but the view was actually of minor importance as we were out and about all day.I must agree with others that the door to the bathroom needs to be frosted or replaced as a matter of urgency.The room itself was attractively decorated and extremely comfortable a lot of space was unusable because of the slope of the roof but the maximum use had been made of available space .We are both tall which made things a bit uncomfortable but we coped.The beds and pillows were great.The breakfast was lovely and the presentation excellent I almost felt guilty removing one or two items and spoiling the display but everything was so delicious that I soon overcame my scruples.We only had three days in Lisbon before flying on to Madeira but we made the most of our time by visiting Obidos ,Sintra Palace,Cascais ,Fatima and the Castle which we thoroughly enjoyed. Just around the corner from the hotel is an Irish pub which serves fish and chips to die for..We would certainly recommend this hotel and if we visit Lisbon again would definately stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, Owner at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review our property. It was great to have you with us and even better to feel we've became a great hub for your Lisbon Xperience. You really took the most of those 3 days!

Thank you for the compliments on the decoration and breakfast! Particular this last one, it has just been renewed and the acceptance has been exclent! About the frosted glass on the bathroom, I'm glad to say that the solution implemented on the riverfront rooms will be soon in all our rooms!

On your next visit don't hesitate to contact us directly and gain access to our preferred guests rates (not available online).

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Yes at this hotel, don't forget to take the time to sit down, and relax in their restaurant for "Happy Hour", for a complimentary glass of wine and sushi, (you can chat with other tourist, find out what they have seen and maybe compare other places they have traveled too, you might get some good ideas). This hotel has all you need to get in and out, drop off your luggage and get going, because it is close to the historical district, (we walked everywhere, or caught the trolly just a few steps away). The bed was comfortable, (a must for me) and even though the room was compact you didn't feel claustrophobic, because the bathroom wall is frosted glass, which lets the light come into the room, giving an illusion of space.
Most important to me is when tipping, (which I try to be diligent about) do it the first day, and every day following, (it doesn't have to be a lot) don't wait till you leave, because service people work hard and will be so appreciative, and you will see them go out of their way to please you, (a little kindness is a good thing).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, Owner at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Suzanne,

Thank for your review on lx boutique hotel. It was great having you with us and even better to feel we were up to your expectations! I'm glad you've enjoyed our atmosphere, our treats (such as the welcome sushi), our location and our ambiance! We just try to make our guests feel at home, and it looks like we've succeeded.

About the tipping, and although it's up to each one to decide, do believe it's not fundamental to have a great service! Our staff is the soul of the hotel and, for them, being part of a great experience is a daily goal.

On your next visit, feel free to contact us directly and get access to our preferred guests rates (not available online).

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Just spent four nights here on a city break with friends. Lovely little hotel, clean & comfortable with friendly helpful staff. Rooms & beds very comfortable, great showers. Decor very attractive. Nice sushi bar attached to hotel great for after meal drinks and a place to wind down with friends. The hotel is wonderfully located for rail, metro & bus services and close to shops and numerous restaurants. Spent our days walking around the city sightseeing or catching a train to nearby attractions such as Sintra & Cascais! Highly recommended for a sightseeing city break!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Val B

Dear Val,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your last Lisbon Xperience! It was great having you with us and even better to feel we've matched your expectations!

I do agree that the lx boutique hotel is a perfect hub to explore the city and its wonders! I'm glad you took advantage of it! On your next visit, don't hesitate to contact us directly and get access to our preferred guests' rates (not available online). Hope to see you in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

great hotel - rooms are lovely (spacious, nicely decorated, good showers), superb location, great sushi bar attached to the hotel.

negatives were the staff. the staff at reception were just so unhappy - not one smile, felt like you were interrupting them to checkin. eg worse hotel ever to get to -drive through the crazy streets to find no where remotely near to park / stop near the hotel. after a flustered experience we get given tired, unhelpful instructions for the hotels parking from the staff. back to the car to hunt down this entrance to parking that looks nothing like the picture they give you. in the days of gps, why not just give me the address?

staff at the restaurant were free though and had a delicious meal there.

other negatives - no complimentary water. and why charge EUR1.50 per nespresso pod when it's cheaper to by a real coffee just outside the hotel?? bit cheeky....

all up, I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Monica,

Thank you so much for your review. Although I feel we've been a plus on your most recent Lisbon Xperience and besides been sure we'll see you again in the future, I'm truly disappointed on the remark you've made about our staff.

They're highly trained and oriented to be the soul of the hotel. It's totally unacceptable to make such impressions on our guests. In order to address the situation, I'm pleased to inform you that we had a meeting today with the front desk responsible about this specific issue.

It would be perfect if you could send me an e-mail with the specific dates you were staying with us.

Thanks and regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Interesting new hotel in a part of town that has become a cool place to eat and drink but a short walk from the main square and Chiado district. The rooms are quite quirky I had one of the larger rooms which was still not very big so the smaller ones would be tight for a couple. The decor is interesting and contemporary, there is a nice bar which also serves sushi in the evening. I've tried a lot of hotels in Lisbon on business, I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for a larger room higher up if posslble