“Lx Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hi,

I just wanted to say what excellent service I had received from the staff at LX Boutique Hotel. Firstly, I had a friend that was staying with me and the hotel was booked under my name, they were able to let my friend check in prior to me arriving without any issues.

I had initially only booked one nights accommodation as I was unsure of whether I would be staying in Lisbon or not. So I had checked online and I noticed that the hotel was fully booked so I had asked staff if they could assist in helping me to get a room, and they were able to accommodate me for the next 3 days at the same internet rate I had booked my original room.

The new room we had moved to also had frosted glass/see through bathrooms and seeing as a friend was staying with me it was a little awkward, and when I had asked the staff to see if there was anything they could do to assist, they were more than happy to move me to another room. It was such a lovely experience and the staff were so wonderful and always happy to assist.

As for the hotel itself, it was great and comfortable, the rooms were clean and the location was amazing. Right in the centre of everything and close to public transport. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Lisbon.

Thanks LX Boutique for such a wonderful experience.

Margaret

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Margaret,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was great having you with us!

Our daily goal is to make our guests feel as confortable as possible and so, if we can, we'll attend all your requests! It's not work, it's pleasure!

Hope to see you soon in the near future! On your comeback, don't forget to check our website where you'll find for sure the best online offers. Anything you may need from us or from Lisbon, don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I came to Lisbon for two days for work and stayed in this boutique hotel. It looked nice online but it was even better in real life! I was really pleasantly surprised and loved it.
I initially thought it would be a bit "shabby chic" but it feels quite luxurious. The rooms are immaculate, you're in the heart of the city but it is incredibly quiet (no noise at night whatsoever!), and the bed and fabric were amazingly comfy.
Service was excellent and I loved the décor, which brought a nice personal touch.
Location was, you couldn't be more central. The train station and the Chiado are not even 5min walk, and both the tram and bus stop by your door.
I had a fantastic time and can't wait to return. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
lxboutiquehotel, Gerente geral at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Tabyria,

Thank you so much for such a kind words! It was great having you with us and even better to feel we were able to make your business journey more pleasent! It's a great place to be when you're travellingfor work!

Follow the city and hotel news on fb page and, on your return, check our website for the best online deals. If you feel like doing a business agreement between our companies, feel free to contact us!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Location was, you couldn't be more central. The train station and the chiado are not even 5min walk, and both the tram and bus stop by your door.
I had a fantastic time and can't wait to return. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Helene,

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Was a gem of a place to stay in Lisbon, hotel was plush, staff very friendly and helpful. Centrally located and public transportation just outside. Extremely clean, and comfortable. Plenty of attractions close by

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Kieran,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it was great to have you at lx boutique hotel! On your return don't forget to check the rates on our website, where the best online deals are guarenteed.

In the meanwhile follow our fb page to keep up with the city and hotel news!

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I've stayed here with my husband for 4 nights: 2 nights in a Standard Double Room, and 2 nights in a Superior Double Room with River View. The decoration of the rooms is very chic and clean.

The Standard Double room was lovely,but a little small for our two luggage. Also, it was facing one of the alleys with lots of bars that were very noisy up until 5AM in the morning. Usually this wouldn't have been a problem, since the location of the hotel was what attracted us in the first place. However, if you are looking for a quiet place, you should choose a room facing the river.

The Superior Double Room with River View was great, a lot larger than our previous one, a nice view, more quite and a separate and more secure entrance from the lobby. However, the price/ night had been a lot larger as well.

The staff was helpful and and the restaurant downstairs had a lovely ambiance.

Overall, it was a great choice for staying in Lisbon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are quieter and larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LidiaZ983

Dear Lidia,

Thank you so much for your review. It was great having you at lx boutique hotel and we expect to see you back in the near future. On your return, don't forget to check our website where we guarentee the best online deals.

About your comments, I'm happy you could sleep on two different room categories! Standard rooms were thought for short stays (2 day average) and have the essential one needs to rest from a busy day. The superior rooms are totally different, larger and with unique views.

While deciding for your return, follow the hotel and city news through our fb page.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and it was perfect. Right by the Cais do Sodre metro stop, the waterfront, tourist bus stops and walking distance to Bairro Alto and Chiado areas. Our room was clean, quiet, comfy beds, nice size, super cool decor. Staff was super helpful when planning day trips or asking for recommendations. Had very nice breakfast each morning at restaurant and they also served great sushi at night for dinner.

If I come back to Lisbon I'd definitely stay here again, so convenient and inviting!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank yo so much for the time you took to review your experience with us! It was great having you with us and even better to feel you've valued our location, it's indeed unique and the place to be!

Hope to see you in the near future. In the meanwhile keep up the city and hotel news on our fb page. If you need anything from us or from the city, don't hesitate to ask!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, stylish, modern and well located, although first external appearances might lead you to think otherwise. Our double en-suite room was one of the best we've ever had in Europe and certainly the largest bed! The Reception staff were both extremely helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and they were on your case almost before you even had the words out of your mouth!
Every night - yes every night - there is a a free welcome drink and sushi aperitif and thats in addition to a complimentary port wine and 'pastel de nata' in the lobby, as you return from your sighseeing; nice touches - keep it up.
We were there, by coincidence, on the night of the Champions League Final, so the late night noise on that occasion is not taken into account in the sleep rating below - we both slept soundly and softly the following night.
There was only one downside - we found the female bar staff were not from the same smiley mould as their colleagues in Reception - rather stand-offish and glum even; on the second night we became uncomfortable waiting to be asked if we would like to have our welcome wine and sushi and nearly walked out. That night there was a trainee waiter who was clearly inadequately trained but, left to his own devices by the two ladies making drinks. Their attitude ignoring his plight was completely wrong - he deserved help. The Bar Manageress had things better organised the previous night and was visibly absent on this occasion. The hotel will surely get that fixed - I wouldn't worry or let it put you off but do feed back to them, its an important point.
Oh and a couple of small chairs for the balcony wouldn't go amiss either!!

Room Tip: 301 is a fab and large room with double balcony and river views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank yo so much for the time you took to review your satywith us! It was great having you at the lx boutique hotel. About the comment on the bar waitress I'm happy to inform you that it has been addressed internally and that, for sure, it won't happen again!