“Fave hotel of the year!”
Review of LX Boutique Hotel

LX Boutique Hotel
Ranked #44 of 255 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

You walk into the foyer and are instantly greeted by a tray of pasteis de nata surrounded by the most charming decor imaginable. The staff quickly check you in and offer to carry your bags to your room while reminding you of the complimentary sushi and drink next door (which was some of the best sushi I have ever tasted outside of Japan).

Upon entering your room, a little gift box awaits filled with maps, a notebook, pens, and other tidbits of advice for your travels. All the amenities are there, including the SportsDirect channel we wanted for the World Cup, complimentary soaps, and bathrobes. Their bed and linens were so soft, it was like sleeping on a cloud.

After settling down, we went in search for some food and asked the front desk for suggestions. We decided on a restaurant and without missing a beat, the receptionist had called the restaurant and made a reservation for us. The location was excellent and we were able to walk to all of the places on our itinerary for the night in less than 15 minutes (hotel is also less than 10 minutes walk away from the closest Metro station).

All in all, we had an unbeatable experience and will definitely be staying here again when we return to Lisbon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Sachiko,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience with us! It is great to feel we've been a plus on your journey and that we became a great hub for your city discovery!

About your specific remarks, I'm happy you've appreciated the comfort of the room and all the amenities, everything was thought to enhance your stay to the maximum! About the staff, they're the soul of the hotel and give everything for our clients, I'll pass on your kind words.

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website. On your return don't forget to check our online deals, best price guaranteed.

Hope to see you soon! Kind Regards
Gonçalo Dias

Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I extended my stay from three to five nights at this hotel--that says it all. The hotel is very well designed and comfortable (great bedding and design touches), the staff couldn't have been more helpful and the location is great (good neighborhood and right near a metro stop). Each day they would help me plan excursions, restaurant reservations and travel routes. I loved the restaurant with their creative welcome sushi each evening.

Room Tip: upper rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Jay,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your stay at the lx boutique hotel. I'm truly pleased we've enjoyed your time here and I'm sure we'll meet again in the future.

About your specific remarks, I couldn't agree more with the compliments to our staff! They're the soul of the hotel and do their best everyday to make our guests experience unique. I'll pass on your kind words.

If you wish to keep up with the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website. On your return, don't forget to check our website deals, best price guaranteed.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room very nice, v large bed but the ambient noise from the surrounding bars and streets was unforgiving ( until 07:00 pm Saturday night / Sunday morning) ask for a room on an upper floor would be my suggestion.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KKE130

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience with us and I'm sorry you were somehow disturbed during your stay.

At the beginning we had some issues with the street noise but after almost 2 years "fighting" we sorted everything out! This must have been an one time event (you were the only costumer that made us the remark) for which we're very sorry! Did you try to change your room at the front desk?

I truly hope you can give us another chance in the future. If so, look for the Riverfront rooms special deals on our website, you'll have an unique experience! I personally assure you that!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a short stay in this hotel. It has everything one expects from a top notch hotel, and then some.

The room was stunning. The service was excellent. The complimentary drink and sushi was lovely.

It's located in the perfect spot for sight seeing, shopping and enjoying the night life. You also get the feel of an authentic Lisbon which can be rare when staying in an unfamiliar city.

A special word of thanks must be expressed to Pedro in reception. He was so helpful in bringing our car to the car park and bringing back the children's toys that had been left in the car. He was incredibly kind and warm.

We will absolutely return to this magnificent hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Holly,

Thank you for your kind words and for the time you took to review your experience at the lx boutique hotel. It was great having you with us and feel we've been a plus on your experience!

About your remarks, I couldn't agree more with the location comment, it's unique and it blends almost perfectly the trendy Lisbon with it's historical aura! All this within such a short distance from the river, makes it almost perfect!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Lx Boutique Hotel with my friend on a short two day stay in Lisbon. The hotel was amazing, I loved our beautiful room. Loved the beds as well, a really good nights sleep! The staff was absolutely great, they recommended us great restaurants and were always eager to help. The location was so great that we always walked, where ever we wanted to go. I will definitely be back when ever I'll visit Lisbon again!

Stayed: July 2014
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Kaisa,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience at the lx boutique hotel. It was great hosting and even better you were able to match your expectations! I'm sure we'll meet again in the future.

I'm glad you speak about the beds, their heavenly comfortable! But I think the linen makes the difference, it looks like your sleeping on a cloud! I'll pass your kind words to all the staff!

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on the website. On your return don't forget to check our online deals, best price guaranteed!

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

LX is a great hotel, well positioned and with helpful, pleasant Staff who gave us whatever help was required.
Rooms are stylishly and modernly furnished.
Of particular note were the free Happy hour drinks and snacks.
We would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Try to get a room on 3rd to 5th floors which will minimise any street noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review. "The find of the year.."? What an honor! It was great having you at the lx boutique hotel and feel we're able to match your expectations! I truly hope you can meet again in the future to come.

If you wish to keep up with the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find our preferred guests' deals (best price guaranteed)!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is located on a quit busy road, with no possibility to park in front for checking in. I spent some time driving around the area to find a spot to park the car so I could check in. The hotel staff at check in was super friendly and spoke fluent English. Although I didn't reserve a parking spot, they had one available for me and offered to walk to my car to pick it up and bring it to the garage about 500 meters away!! Certainly a great service!!! The room was clean, modern and nice, with a fantastic view of the square and the river. Unlike in most other hotels around the world, the A/C was pleasant and did not "wash" over the bed all night! Breakfast was extensive and of good quality. When I asked for the car the next day, one of the reception staff walked with me to show me the garage and location of the car, which I greatly appreciated! The location is just fantastic, with Bairro Alto and most touristic attractions within an easy walking distance. Right behind the hotel is one of the busiest and most popular "partystreets" of Lisbon, but thanks to excellent soundproofing, nothing us this is heard in the rooms! The wifi around the hotel was free of charge and super easy to use, without any need to register or log in, which is much better than in most other hotels! The signal quality and speed was good.

Given it's super staff, great location and beautiful and clean rooms, I'd definitely highly recommend this hotel and would love to come back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Beren,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience at the lxboutiquehotel and for the kind remarks we've honored us with! It was great having you with us and I'm positive we'll meet again in the future.

About your commentaries, I couldn't agree more with the location and staff. For sure we're in an unique location, city center / riverside? How's this even possible! And the staff, they're the soul of this hotel! I'm very happy you could feel this.

If you wish to keep up with the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find our special deals (best price guaranteed)!

Hope to see you soon!