“Fantastic old town hotel, can't wait to go back!”
Review of LX Boutique Hotel

LX Boutique Hotel
Ranked #43 of 251 Hotels in Lisbon
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“Fantastic old town hotel, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I couldn't have been happier with my stay at LX, other than I wish it was longer. The hotel combines boutique heritage building with luxury modern finishes and 5 star service. The staff throughout our stay were welcoming and extremely helpful with suggestions for what to do in Lisbon as well as where to eat. In fact, the restaurant adjoining the hotel, where they offer complimentary welcome sushi and a drink, was far better than anywhere we tried in Lisbon! The location is perfect, in the old town, down near the waterfront and perfectly situated for the Cais do Sodre train station. My room wasn't large but was just delightful, with shuttered windows and window seats, looking out over the Lisbon rooftops. The bed and linen was divine and I had the best sleep I have had in a long time. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I go back to Lisbon. I shall have to go back with my husband as it is perfect for a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: Room 402 for views over the city in two directions. Probably quieter as it is the second to top floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
lxboutiquehotel, General Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience with us! It was great hosting you in Lisbon and even better to be sure we'll meet again in the near future!

Room 402 is also one of my favorites, the views are great and the romantic ambiance is unique! Your remarks on the staff are great to ear, as I consider them to be our main asset! I'll pass on your kind words.

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news, follow the hotel fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find the best online deals!

Hope to see you soon.

Kind regards
Gonçalo Dias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Muenster, Germany
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I LOVED my stay at the lx boutique Hotel in Lissabon. Such a nice and exquisite Hotel !!! The stuff is caring and really nice. They help you with everything u need: Tipps for exclusive restaurants, traditionell cuisine or events in Lissabon. The rooms are individuell styled. I stayed in the "guitar room". Nice and sunny with 2 big windows, electric window blinds, big and comfortable bed. The view was amazing (Bridge and Jesus statue).
The location is perfect. 5 min walk to the waterfront, 5 minute walk to be downtown. Bars and restaurants near by. Great!!! Even a train station to get to the beaches on the other side of the river is just around the corner.
I would come back every time

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
lxboutiquehotel, General Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Andrea,

Thank you so much for your nice words and for the time you took to review your stay with us! It was great hosting you in Lisbon and even better to feel we've gained a lifetime friend/guest!

I do agree with everything you said about the location! It's hard to get better on a city center hotel.

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news, subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you'll also find the best online deals, best price guaranteed.

Hope to see you soon!

Oss, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 September 2014

It's a lovely hotel and the staff is really friendly, but we had the unfortunate experience of initially staying in one of the rooms on the first floor. Even with the shutters closed it felt like the clubbers, tourists and drunks where standing in the room screaming next to us. This started at around midnight and continued until around 4 a.m. and transitioned smoothly into delivery trucks and city cleanup. The room was great, but it felt like the outside walls are made of cardboard. The next morning we moved to a room on the 5th floor, which was somewhat better, but there was construction work going on in the house next door, so we didn't get much sleep there either.
The location of the hotel is great if you want to head out into the nightlife (plenty of clubs and bars in walking / crawling distance), but if you want a quiet stay, don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Philipp M
Dear Philip,

Thank yo so much for the time you took to review your experience at the lx boutique hotel. I'm truly sorry that these are your memories of your stay with us...

I do agree that on some rooms, in some specific nights (with special events), light sleepers may find the outside live a little disturbing. Nevertheless, let me take this opportunity to say that ending these events has been our daily goal since day one! A lot as been accomplished and I'm positive sure that on your next visit we'll find everything very different!

We always try to solve every single situation, as we did in your particular one, with an upgrade to a superior room...nevertheless we cannot control the construction site schedule that's going on next door. I'm sorry we weren't able to give a room the fitted your demands.

I hope you can give us another opportunity in the future and, if so, I'll personally take care of your reservation e guarantee that your next review here will be a five star one!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights in this fantastic boutique hotel which is nicely located in the Chiado area and within walking distance of some very nice restaurants in the Bairro Alto. The rooms in a contemporary style are tastefully decorated and very quiet. Make sure you don't miss the breakfast in the hotel restaurant next door!

• Stayed August 2014
lxboutiquehotel, General Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Marion,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your experience with us, it was great to be your host and I'm sure we'll meet again in the future! I do agree with your remarks on the location and ambiance of the hotel!

If you wish to keep up the city news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find the best online deals!

Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This boutique hotel can't get enough praise.

Located on the water, river view for half the hotel, thick windows for any noise on the street, and the hotel was immaculate and clean. Also located an easy walk from many attractions. Boutique style with some character. And honestly some of the best sleep I've had in my life - and in a hotel!!

The staff were incredible. They knew us by name after our first night. So helpful too! They got us in contact with a local who runs his own tour business taking people around - your friend for the day! So personal. You see what you want to see - for us, it was the big sights, local views and his home neighbourhood (check out Lisbon Emotions for the same experience even on your own - surfing, boat, day trips, anything you want you will get in spades!) Big hotels just can't do that personal touch!

Breakfast was also worth the money (15 euro). And the staff made sure to recommend great places for dinner (still salivating over the meals!)

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I recommend you do the same!

Stayed August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was great hosting you on your most recent Lisbon Xperience and I'm sure we'll meet again in the near future! In just a few lines you have perfectly described what makes us different...location, staff, comfort, location and location! I'll pass your kind words to all the staff!

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find our online deals, best price guaranteed.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

The stuff was very helpful and nice. The atmosphere was special and the location fantastic.
We had the superior rooms - great view and comfortable, not too tiny. The beds were dreamy. The bathroom was very clean, but it has a glass door so if you have intimate issues - solve them.
We did not ordered breakfast
and we suggest to try to eat at the coffeshops nearby.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Rambran,

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience at lx boutique hotel! It was great having you with and I truly hope we can meet again in the Future!

The sleep quality is indeed amazing and the views of the riverfront rooms stunning! I'm sorry you couldn't try our breakfast...it comes fresh everyday from a gourmet bakery in Chiado called Tartine and it was ranked on Lisbon TOP5! Next time.

If you need anything from Lisbon or from the hotel don't hesitate to ask!

Gonçalo Dias

PS - Subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website for the latest news/deals!
Javea ALICANTE
Reviewed 28 August 2014

When booking Hotels now I tend to be more careful.We were going to Lisbon with friends, they had booked all ready, they said we are staying at the "Boutique", there are two in Lisbon, I just booked the first one on the web. This hotel is perfectly located, and on its own as far as Hotels go, the rooms/suites are light and airy, great beds and linen, only "grouch" no breakfast in the room. Would return.

Room Tip: go for a suite with water view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
lxboutiquehotel, General Manager at LX Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for the time you took to review your most recent Lisbon Xperience and for the nice words! It was great and an honor to be your host!

About your remarks, I need to make a correction...the are two "boutique" but just one lx boutique hotel! I'm really happy we've found everything up to your standards and I'm confident we'll meet again in the near future!

If you wish to keep up the city/hotel news, follow our fb page or subscribe the LX Club newsletter on our website, where you can also find the best online deals!

Kind regards