1. If you're bringing luggage, good luck walking it up 3 flights of stairs.
2. It is not in the city center.
3. There is no AC or heat
4. breakfast is just cereal.
5. The people in charge of the hostel (except Patricia) are rude and incompetent. They did not know where tourist attractions were, anything to recommend, or directions.
6. The showers and bathroom are skinny stalls. You can barely put your arms above your head to wash your hair. be careful not to open the door to the bathroom bc if someone is coming out of the shower she will be seen by people passing by. The lights in the shower are motion censored and shut off randomly so you shower in the dark.
7. Wifi wasn't working one night and the coffee machine only worked for 1 out of our 3 nights.
8. To top it off a pigeon flew into the living room, not to mention all the flies that are in the room during the day.
9. We lost our key and went to the guy in charge who told us he didnt have a spare but maybe someone else did and he would have to call and wake them up. 40 minutes later after we explained for a second time how our passports were in the locker and we needed to get our stuff out, he then went searching for a key. He tried about 10 different keys - very disorganized (why aren't they labeled??)
10. The bedroom door handle kept falling off.
11. The ladder for the bunk are thin and unstable.
Moral of the story, the customer service was just overwhelmingly awful and it negatively impacted our stay in Lisbon.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Jardim de Santos Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.