“looks can be deceiving. Great spot”
Review of O Cardo

O Cardo
Ranked #1,284 of 4,550 Restaurants in Lisbon
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place didn't seem like a good stop but the food was great. The service was good and I'd definitely go again. The fried cod fish and the cod Portuguese style were both excellent.

1  Thank Ehud123

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

There is not a lot of options, but everything I ordered was delicious. I recommend for those who want to have a tasty meal and for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

We hit Lisbon on a very rainy day and were staying in the area near Marques do Pombal circle.Confused , jet lagged and hungry we hit this place for lunch and am I glad we did.What we had is a bit of a blur .I had some kind of fish and my wife shrimp which we washed down with copious quantities of an Alentejo white.I think we had desert and coffee.We were happy and went back for lunch a few days later.I had the suckling pig special and my wife , fish.
This is not a fancy place or a destination restaurant but if your in the area , it's a good bet.The prices are reasonable , the service quick and reasonably pleasant.We even had an enjoyable discussion with a patron about Cape Verde and the US and Portugal at one point.Don't hesitate to go here.

1  Thank enteNewJersey
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This place touted a nice display of seafood in their front window(our draw). But waiters seemed annoyed by customers coming in. It all seemed like a good deal but my bbq'ed shrimp were over cooked. My friend had the flaming sausage which he said was great. Another friend stated she liked the fish. But we were unimpressed with the wine and the flavors of the rest of the dishes. Time for a backroom makeover and add a little flair that this place seems to used to have.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

On walking past this restaurant near the park one quickly walks by, but, we were hungry and it was almost 8pm. We sat inside and there were only two other couples in the room which would hold about 60 and a dozen outside. By the time we ordered the room was packed with locals and some tourists. I see why - the food was excellent and fresh. The prices were very reasonable too. Great service from waiters who speak good english. Does not look fancy, but serves good food at a good price.

1  Thank ed3339