“Classic and grand hotel with perfect location”

Hotel Avenida Palace
Ranked #6 of 254 Hotels in Lisbon
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is a treasure. I would recommend if this is your first time in Lisbon to stay here as it is so beautiful with an excellent location to the down town area. Staff were so friendly. I will be back if I ever make it to Lisbon again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paul R
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Avenida Palace in the future.

Meanwhile, you may follow the Avenida Palace on Instagram and see the nice pictures of our daily activities.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Avenida Palace

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am glad I've chosen this hotel for my short round the city trip.It is very comfortable and good- located. It has its own retro style, very attractive - with quaint articles of furniture and classic interiors.
The room was spacious enough and the bed was good for a deep sleep.
I really appreciated the early check-in (for which I asked in advance and which was provided), fast check-in and check-out procedures, free wi-fi as well as helpfulness of the staff.
There were some minor imperfections - like weak water head in the bathroom or Lipton tea for breakfast, that falls short to the level of the hotel. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, but the room service is 24h, and you can always ask to bring you some hot water for tea.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Belo4ka

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Avenida Palace and for taking the time to post your kind words on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments on our location and services.
It is our goal to provide properly maintained facilities and the luxurious sophistication of its décor make this Hotel a landmark at the intersection of tradition and innovation.

It would be a great honor to welcome you back to the Avenida Palace in a future stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It was a very nice stay. The hotel location is fabulous.
Staff is excellent.
We felt we are at home.
Very clean rooms.
We will miss all the staff.
Great advise from them during our stay.
Even though the hotel is near the Rossio station, but no sound at all.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Cynthiadebs
PedroMCosta, Front Office Manager at Hotel Avenida Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for giving us your point of view regarding the Avenida Palace and its services.

I am delighted to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments on our service and satff.

I do hope that the Avenida Palace will welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been in this hotel once, on my visit to a friend in Estoril, stopping by to see Lisbon for a couple of days.

Beautiful, romantic hotel, real portuguese style, love the atrium where you can have a drink and just sit enjoying beautiful stylish furniture...

Service was great, cleaning ladies were a bit difficult, getting angry if you are not out of the room on time for cleaning, lol, but it was a pleasant stay and great location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Miri B

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments.
It would be a great honor to welcome you back to the Avenida Palace in a future and these time longer stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Me and my wife have spent four days in Lisbon and also thanks to the Avenida Palace, it was a pleasant experience for us. It is the hotel which makes us go back to the days when hotels were not only a place to overnight stay. Splendor and a very helpful and friendly staff that makes clear that it is always ready to help you. The hotel is in the historic center of the city, most places you can reach walking. Although I do not have the habit of paying high prices for accommodation in this case I feel that for my money, I got a reasonable value. Surely we will return here.
Stefan

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StefanT222HM

Dear Guest,

Your review is wonderful reading. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed staying with us.

Allow me to thank you sincerely on behalf of all the staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon to your Lisbon residence.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I am a big fan of period decor so absolutely loved the Avenida Palace, it's like stepping back in time! Having said that, the services are all totally up to date so it's the best of both worlds. Our room was very pretty, comfortable and quiet. The location of the hotel is ideal. Delicious buffet breakfast served in a beautiful dining room. But what I was most impressed by was the service, all staff were very friendly and helpful. On our last day not only was there a box of chocolates and a note thanking us for visiting, but the staff had noticed that it was my boyfriend's birthday (from his ID, I didn't even tell them) and when we returned from dinner there was a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us and a happy birthday note! We were so impressed and will definitely be back. The gym is very small so probably best to leave your gym gear at home!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank C0rdy

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you chose to stay at the Avenida Palace. I cannot thank you enough for having taken the time to leave your lovely review on TripAdvisor.

Our team constantly strives to achieve a high level of quality and we are thrilled that our services were up to your expectations. Your kind words are much appreciate and will be a great source of motivation for the entire team.

I do hope that the Avenida Palace will welcome you all back in a future stay.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spend three nights in Avenida Palca Hotel at the beginning of our Portugal grand tour. It is a classic, stylish, grand hotel which are becoming rarer these days. Yes, it is showing minor signs of aging , but isn’t this romantic patina the reason why we enjoy Lisbon and Portugal so much compared to hyper-ultra modern places? We enjoyed friendly and perfect service all the time including very helpful front desk and concierge. Moreover, our room got upgraded to a junior suite at check-in which was a perfect beginning of our stay in this lovely city. There is no need to review the location of the hotel which is as good as it can get. We walked most of the time except for attractions that are really a bit far away (Belem and Oceanarium). We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gorkov

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time out to leave your feedback on your recent stay at the Avenida Palace. I am delighted to read how much you appreciated our services.