Very peaceful hotel, excellent breakfast, wonderful & helpful staff, exceptionally clean hotel, large rooms & the breakfast is perfect. Before I booked I spent ages looking at all the 4* star hotels and found it hard to choose, I can't sing the praises of this hotel enough and it is definately the best hotel.
The roof terrace is fabulous for relaxing with a G&T or Coffee.
The breakfast is served from 7.30 until 12...which is just great. Sitting outside in the relaxing court yard is a perfect way to start your day.
The hotel is in an excellent location. Local buses into the centre of Lisbon & Belem can be caught from the bus stop just a few minutes walk up the road from the hotel. The buses are easy and run regularly - you can pay the driver,(again very reasonable 1.50 ish euros per person) so have your map ready to show where you want to go. The Portugese are friendly & helpful.
A variety of great restaurants within walking distance.
1) Picanha restaurant just across the road has 3 starters & 3 main courses, I know this seems a limited choice but ...the food is excellent. Beef, Veal or Fish. With rice, salad & small jacket potatoes, just perfect. They offer more meat & salad & rice etc...as the meal progresses and have fantastic deserts and the wines are excellent too! Very clean & friendly. There is no menu on the door. Don't be put off just walk in. Honest this is a MUST! Very reasonable.
2) Sorry i forgot to take the name of this other restaurant but here are the directions...Out of the hotel, cross the road, turn left and take the 1st road on your right up a steep hill, you will notice a restaurant with blue and white tiles covering the building - do try here, as again excellent food & reasonable prices The guy speaks excellent English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Janelas Verdes is a small charming boutique hotel in the historic center of Lisbon. This 18th-century palace is next to the National Ancient Art Museum. With its small garden and the top floor library overlooking the river, this mansion transmits a romantic and welcoming feeling. The rooms are sunny and cheerful and the Tagus is close by. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your As Janelas Verdes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- As Janelas Verdes Lisbon
- As Janelas Verdes Hotel Lisbon