“It was okay”
Review of Chapito

Chapito
Ranked #17 of 217 Nightlife in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: This multi-purpose facility offers an outdoor restaurant and bar, along with various summer activities including juggling and tap-dancing classes, concerts, theater and art exhibitions.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I went here with colleagues on a Saturday night as we had been staying in Lisbon for a few days while visiting a supplier, a tour company had arranged for us to eat here and the menu was set already so we had no choice in what we were eating, as a vegetarian I was offered a pasta for main meal and we all had the strawberry and tomato cold soup for starter which personally I really didn't like, I didn't think the flavours complimented each other...and for pudding I had the passion fruit and white chocolate which was outstanding, I really enjoyed that!

All in all I think the meal would have been different had I been able to choose what I wanted as opposed to a set menu, the location is amazing and the views were stunning so if I go back to Lisbon I would def go back and try again.

Hopefully I will be able to write another review in the future which will be better, I'm still giving the restaurant a very good as the pudding was amazing and the views and staff were great

2  Thank WakefieldBex

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Chapito isn't just a restaurant and bar, it's also a kind of arts centre. On Sunday evenings, as I understand, they usually have some kind of live music, often with an African flavour. When I went, there was a musician from Guinea-Bissau, Mario Babrem, performing - playing guitar and singing, accompanied by two (sometimes three) percussionists. It was a great evening - lovely music, a friendly, lively and very appreciative crowd, and joyful dancing. There was no entrance fee, we just had to pay for our drinks (which were not expensive). Highly recommended.

1  Thank berezan
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The poorest quality meal we had during our stay in Portugal and the only time the food did not taste fresh. Meat and Cod Croquettes and the prawn and avocado toast tasted as if they had come out of a freezer, The only time this had happened in Portugal. Barbecued Chorizo was very fatty and left an unpleasant after taste which needed a double espresso to dislodge. The concept was good and the waitresses were ok. The Chef needs to take lessons from the many excellent chefs in Portugal where we enjoyed meals.

2  Thank Victoria C
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Enjoy na amazing view in this spot located in the Castelo S. Jorge's Hill. The nearby área is one of my favourites in Lisbon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is a nice place with a beautiful view of Lisbon. The waiters are friendly.
The only thing I didn't like was the food. It's a bit pricy and It didn't worth the money.
I ate a ham and cheese toast with fried chips. The chips were too greasy and cold and the toast was small considering the price. The soup was good but again, too pricy.