“Why so exclusive ?”
Review of Silk Club

Silk Club
Ranked #28 of 223 Nightlife in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: This nightspot is the place to go for its sophisticated crowd and wide variety of music: choose from three levels with different music on each.
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Very exclusive place, hard To park your Car .
The bar allows more people That should have. Expensive drinks, even water. Good music , staff not Nice ,not friendly.

5  Thank PPR2012
in 4 reviews
"great cocktails"
"bairro alto"

Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is truly one of the finest Clubs of the World. The view from the rooftop was overwhelming and the service was verry attentive and extremely friendly. If you go to lisboa this location is really a must see!!!

2  Thank Sebastian R
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The terrace is the best of the best. But what is the point of something beautiful that can only be enjoyed by people who would never be able to appreciate it?
Drinks are average. When you have 9euro gin tonic, is not that good. Watery. I don't care much for champagne (most people drinking it don't really understand wine so they basically pay for a trendy but hardly decent product) but I do care for my gin. A place like that should serve Ten gin. Blue Ribbon..something different from what I can get in a random bar in Bica.
Bartender (the lady from the russian mob): speaking decent english anyone? also, a smile while you take my 10euros for a Martini Rosso (3.50 euro at Chinese Pavillion-how can it cost more than gintonic?)?
Toilets should be WAY MORE CLEAN considered the place.
Bottom line: gettin burnt by the flames of capitalism and yuppism and having to stand the human drama of empty rich people drinking water with grapes for 300euro a bottle while not even looking at the view (very modern edith wharton) is worth the great terrace for 15 minutes. Just stick to a vodka tonic (cheaper thing) and leave after taking some pics.

10  Thank stheultimatereviewer
nlopes, Owner at Silk Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Though reviews are normally a way of us ensuring that we learn from our customers, I have to ponder what I, or anyone else, can learn from your experience. "what is the point of something beautiful that can only be enjoyed by people who would never be able to appreciate it?", "the lady from the russian mob", "speaking decent english anyone?", "gettin burnt by the flames of capitalism and yuppism", "having to stand the human drama of empty rich people"... oh to hide behind anonymity whilst trashing people you do not know. All I can say is that if your drink was "watered down", it's probably because you are in need of more alcohol - we serve legal doses. For total transparency, you can find me on facebook as nlopes and my mobile number is posted online - just google it.

Reviewed 18 May 2011

I cannot articulate how insulted I was made feel in this 'exclusive' club. Having been offered entry via our 5 star hotel, we ventured out early enough and were happy to hand over fifteen euro per drink, based on the view and the seat with had. As we ordered anothr drink, the waitress took our money and then told us we had to leave our seats as they were reserved for customers ordering bottles. We had just spent €150 in half an hour. We said we would finish our drinks and go and 5 mins later, 3 staff arrived with glaring looks, laid out drinks all over our table and told us to move and 'drink quickly'. It caused a scene and I went to findthe manager. I was told he was off that night and the man in charge had no power to deal with our issue. I was then passed to a rude security guard pretending to be 'next in line'. He didn't even have the decency to apologise and spent his time looking around and not acknowleding our issue and embarrassment. Lisbon is a wonderful city with fantastic friendly people. I truly hope this club is not representative of hospitality and I vow to continue to complain about how i was treated this night. DO NOT VENTURE. treat youself to a much cheaper cocktail in some of the neighbouring hotels, Barrio Alto has a lovely view on floor 6 for example.

27  Thank lozDublin
nlopes, Owner at Silk Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

We received the earlier complaint and were already aware of the mistakes we had made with your group. I wrote to the previous reviewer and assumed responsibility for what happened as a minor human mistake cascaded into a series of wrong actions on our part. This is not what Silk stands for nor do we make any excuses for what happened.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Myself and 4 friends visited this club as recommended by our Hotel Bairro Alto. On arrival we were each handed a black credit card which had minumum €10 printed on it. No-one explained what we needed the cards for. I asked the Bartender who said she wasn't sure how it worked which is very strange since she worked there!! We arrived quite early in terms of Lisbon nightlife and got a great table on the fantastic roof terrace. We ordered 5 cocktails and had to hand in each of the credit cards when paying. It turns out the credit cards each had to have a minimum of €10 spent before leaving the place. There was no problem with us sending that as we were on a girly weekend away.

The place was starting to fill and we decided to have another drink. We ordered another 5 cocktails which were pricey enough but they were worth it considering the view from the terrace. Well worth it until the waitress came with the drinks and the credit card machine. As I was typing in my code to the machine the waitress said our table was reserved by Clients who had purchased a bottle. I asked was it okay that we finished our drinks and she said yes. A couple of minutes later she was back saying the Cients were here and waiting for the table. I said we were finishing our drinks and she asked could we drink faster. This was after spending a €150. Again we said we will finish our drinks and then leave the table. She wasn't happy and even tried to take my glass with drink still in it. A minute later 3 staff arrived at the table with champagne glasses, champage cooler and other drinks. Another member of staff who looked more senior said 'you need to move from this table' with a very icey unfriendly look. The Clients were all standing behind them ready to take the table.

We were made to feel like second class citzens. How dare they treat us like that after spending money in the club just like anyone else. There was no reserved sign on the table and the waitress never said the table was reserved when we arrived. My friend asked to speak to a Manager but he wasn't available. The club just kept saying it was their policy to reserve tables for people who buy bottles. We had no problem with that policy but they should have been told to us before we sat down or at least before we ordered our second drink. The waitress did apologise when she realised how unhappy we were but the damage was done at that stage. We had to walk through a very crowded terrace after being asked to leave our seats........how embarassing!!

If you do visit this club don't get too comfortable in your seat....................

17  Thank Shinners070