“Great view”
Review of Silk Club

Silk Club
Ranked #36 of 220 Nightlife in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: This nightspot is the place to go for its sophisticated crowd and wide variety of music: choose from three levels with different music on each.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Went there with my girlfriend. When we got to the entrance we were welcome by a quite rude doorman, looked like we were making him a trouble by coming to the bar. Made "sigh" noises when we asked for the bar. When we got to the bar itself we were welcomed by a fantastic view over the city. We asked for drinks inside and then went outside to sit, not knowing there was another bar outside. They offered us blankets as it was kinda cold-ish. Nice service and we felt welcome by the staff in the bar itself.
Found it surprising that the people on the table next to us were taking photos, but then a staff member came and said they were not allowed to take photos at the bar, unless just with phone cameras or a small camera. All "big" cameras were banned, although another bartender had just taken some photos for the same people with the same big camera.
But over all, good bar with a fantastic view, just remember to ask for reservation before going there.
Recommend the Silk Club :D

in 2 reviews
"great cocktails"
"bairro alto"

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I went there with a couple of girlfriends. The body guard at the entrance just let us in without handing us any drink card. When we got to the top floor what we saw did not turn down are expectations: the view from the terrace is amazing and the music was very good. The drinks are quite pricy (approx 10 euros) but that is understandable considering the view and the place. Unfortunately when we left at 1.30 AM it was still not busy, but apparently people get there a bit later (at around 2 AM) so keep this in mind if you plan to go. Definitely a place to see if you are in Lisbon and like nice environments.

2  Thank Manila M
Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Very exclusive place, hard To park your Car .
The bar allows more people That should have. Expensive drinks, even water. Good music , staff not Nice ,not friendly.

5  Thank PPR2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is truly one of the finest Clubs of the World. The view from the rooftop was overwhelming and the service was verry attentive and extremely friendly. If you go to lisboa this location is really a must see!!!

2  Thank Sebastian R
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The terrace is the best of the best. But what is the point of something beautiful that can only be enjoyed by people who would never be able to appreciate it?
Drinks are average. When you have 9euro gin tonic, is not that good. Watery. I don't care much for champagne (most people drinking it don't really understand wine so they basically pay for a trendy but hardly decent product) but I do care for my gin. A place like that should serve Ten gin. Blue Ribbon..something different from what I can get in a random bar in Bica.
Bartender (the lady from the russian mob): speaking decent english anyone? also, a smile while you take my 10euros for a Martini Rosso (3.50 euro at Chinese Pavillion-how can it cost more than gintonic?)?
Toilets should be WAY MORE CLEAN considered the place.
Bottom line: gettin burnt by the flames of capitalism and yuppism and having to stand the human drama of empty rich people drinking water with grapes for 300euro a bottle while not even looking at the view (very modern edith wharton) is worth the great terrace for 15 minutes. Just stick to a vodka tonic (cheaper thing) and leave after taking some pics.

10  Thank stheultimatereviewer
nlopes, Owner at Silk Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Though reviews are normally a way of us ensuring that we learn from our customers, I have to ponder what I, or anyone else, can learn from your experience. "what is the point of something beautiful that can only be enjoyed by people who would never be able to appreciate it?", "the lady from the russian mob", "speaking decent english anyone?", "gettin burnt by the flames of capitalism and yuppism", "having to stand the human drama of empty rich people"... oh to hide behind anonymity whilst trashing people you do not know. All I can say is that if your drink was "watered down", it's probably because you are in need of more alcohol - we serve legal doses. For total transparency, you can find me on facebook as nlopes and my mobile number is posted online - just google it.