“Worth a Visit for the View”
Review of Silk Club

Silk Club
Ranked #30 of 218 Nightlife in Lisbon
More attraction details
Owner description: This nightspot is the place to go for its sophisticated crowd and wide variety of music: choose from three levels with different music on each.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Go for the view. Enough said. It really is worth it when you walk up the stairs and catch your glimpse over Lisbon and the water. It's stunning.

We were only there for pre-dinner drinks and for this the service was great and we watched the sunset before heading out. I agree the goon at the bottom is unnecessary and the terse look also unnecessary. Really detracts from what they have, which is a clean modern space and great terrace, that you could sit and enjoy for hours.

1  Thank Raj H

Reviewed 7 March 2014

With all my best feedbacks on the view, the design of the place, music and cocktails the service was quite disappointing as it does not go along with what i described above where i would really expect full customer focus.

By 2 am we were the only clients in the club and we started to receive signals of "guys it is time to go" ...closing curtains, getting music volume down and finally turning all lights on... I asked, if the club was open till the last client. The answer was yes, but today we are closing earlier !! My reading of the situation is that we were not the clients the club would continue to work for... Either our Consumption was not at the level of their expectations or smth else.

This obviously does not leave nice memories...

5  Thank Marat U
nlopes, Owner at Silk Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thanks for your review and the information you supplied. There seems to have been an unfortunate response to your question whether the "the club was open till the last client." Though we try and accommodate all our clients, we do have to eventually close. As you remarked that the time was 02:00, you would have had to visit us during the week which is when we close at 01:00 and so the extra hour seems a fair way to represent our respect for our customers.
However, as you wrote the review in March, we are currently opening Thursday to Saturday and doors close at 02:30 and the club at 04:00. So either you had your watch adjusted to your local time, or I seem to have missed something.
The door never closes before 02:30 and so the club cannot close or "wind down" at 02:00 especially when it is open until 04:00. Had you said 03:00-03:30 then I would have to see why staff at Silk were not following protocol.
Don't get me wrong, we take all reviews seriously, even if some of them seem to be rather harsh and unfair but that is the world we presently live in - one click on a smartphone and there goes a 2 out of 5 rating. In my world, 2/5 is 1 short of a shockingly bad experience - but that I guess is a subjective view. In this case, the information you supplied seems to be inaccurate - irrelevante to you maybe but very important to us as we strive to get things right.
Thanks for taking the time to visit us and I will pass this information on to our staff. If nothing else, it will remind them of the importance of creating the best experience possible - something we unfortunately failed to do with you, irrespective of what time it was.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Went to this club after dinner on NYE 2013. The place was packed and upon getting off the elevator, I was smacked with a waive of smoke which was quite overwhelming.

The terrace provided a beautiful view of the city but so crowded we could barely walk there -it was NYE after all...

This club is for the 20-40 year crowd and for people who do not mind heavy smokers all around you.

The crowd was young and sophisticated.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I you are looking for a discretely cool bar with incredible views over Lisbon and just the right mix of beautiful people and uplifting house music, then get to Silk.

Our hotel concierge arranged it and so on arrival we had no problems. Yes the guy with the list was surly but that's his job.
Cocktails were really well made, the bar staff friendly and up for a laugh, and you can smoke at the bar.

We went on a Thursday night so it was quiet until about 12.

I will definitely be back

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Quite rude, unsmiling, people await for you at the entrance! You are scanned from head to toe by the goons before you are asked for a reservation. You better say or ask no more or you'll feel physically threatened. Whatever good this "private club" might have to offer, the inhospitable staff is enough to turn the experience sour. If you want to ruin a perfect night just try it. To avoid.

5  Thank Al F
nlopes, General Manager at Silk Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

The "goons" are security at the door to ensure your safety once you enter the building to go up to the top floor. I assume you didn't get in or you would have had a more constructive comment - whether positive or negative. But then again, you only registered to write this review.